Jambands.ca

Modern Times

hamilton

Yes with preorders, but sometimes Future Shop carries the preorder versions.......

12.99 is a great deal for a brand new cd with liner notes and everything......... Bouche count me in on those streaking out to buy the new ones. I have been waiting for yesterday since the announcement.

FYI, I also picked up the new Ray Lamontagne at the same time yesterday and its very good too.

Sean

I love it, although I'm sure thats no surprise there. I bought a copy a week & a half ago from Berlin, I guy a trade with on a regular basis dropped me a line saying he bought a few copies at a local record store, apparently someone didn't realize it was to be kept under wraps under the 29th, cost me 10 bucks CDN, plus postage. I had posted sample tracks & what not but the thread dropped like a stone.

I find it different then Love & Theft myself (personally thought that album was over-rated), but that's me. I can't wait for my vinyl copy to arrive though, was hoping I'd see it today but no luck so far.

I find it different then Love & Theft myself (personally thought that album was over-rated), but that's me.

Having listened to it ten times in the last two days, I am inclined to agree. It certainly *is* different. I guess the main similarity between the two albums is the dominance of a pre-war musical style to the tunes. It definitely isn't Love & Theft Part II, though.

My buddy Jim (Baj, you remember partying with him in the hotel in Buffalo ,g>) in Rochester saw the Dylan show last night and said it was sick. First "Joey" in 4 years! Masters of War too :)

Rochester, New York

Frontier Field

August 30, 2006

1. Cat's In The Well

2. You Ain't Goin' Nowhere

3. Tweedle Dee & Tweedle Dum

4. Positively 4th Street

5. I'll Be Your Baby Tonight

6. Stuck Inside Of Mobile With The Memphis Blues Again

7. Masters Of War

8. Leopard-Skin Pill-Box Hat

9. Joey

10. Highway 61 Revisited

11. Sugar Baby

12. Summer Days

(encore)

13. Like A Rolling Stone

14. All Along The Watchtower

I ordered the album from itunes for 13.99, plus 4 music videos. First time I've ever done that. So far after a couple of listens I have mixed feelings. On the one hand, it's a good album. I do think it is quite similiar to Love and Theft, and is a companion piece, though perhaps less rockabilly. I am, however, intrigued by the fact that my expectations, for the first time, were met. I come to expect from Bob the unexpected, but this time from all the pre-album chatter, the album was going to be similiar to the last one. This album is the first time I've ever gone in thinking one thing, and getting it. And not in a good way. I guess in old age you settle down a bit, feel your style. Expecially after all the media surrounding Bob these days, he went into a zone where he feels comfortable right now. Anyway, I'm still looking forward to Chronicles II more than anything.

2 cents from greasy...