Jambands.ca

Paul Simon at the Hummingbird

edger

I am SOOO stoked for this show. I absolutely love Paul Simon, and I missed him the last time he came to TO.

Just got my tickets. I fear that I spent WAY to much money on this one... but I'm trying not to think about that right now.

Never been to the hummingbird centre for a concert. What's the seating like? My tickets are Sec: ORCH 12 Row: R

ANyone else going?

Leanne finishes early that day and if I'm real sweet to my boss I might be able to do the same thing. Anyone interested in some fine dining in Toronto before the show? Superior restaurant maybe? I'm game for any kind of pre-game.

isn't your boss a jerk?

Anyway if you can catch that boss on a 'good day' I think pre-dinner and/or drinks should be in order...who'm I kidding pre-dinner and drinks!

isn't your boss a jerk?

Oh yea, he's an asshole of epic proportions. If I get lucky I might catch him on a good day though. If that fails, he's not immune to the lure of sexual favours in return for time off. ;)

Anyway if you can catch that boss on a 'good day' I think pre-dinner and/or drinks should be in order...who'm I kidding pre-dinner and drinks!

Right on!

Sounds good to me. I figure the only way I can possibly justify spending this much money on a concert, is by spending some more money before hand on goods eats and drinks, and doing things up properly!!

That's the way I look at it. Might as well make it a stellar night out to ensure that we properly enjoy the money spent on the tickets. Otherwise it's just a waste. :)

What a bunch of high-rollers we all are!!

Hmm yes, indeed. And I just got word that our tix were the cheapies of the lot and pretty far back so as to not go any less than 'all out' it means I'll just have to go for the extra expensive wine and fancy entrée at dinner - to make up for what I saved on tix :P

Well, there's a lot of nice restaurants in Toronto. How 'high-rolling' do we want to go? A couple of my favourites, that I use mostly for entertaining customers, are The Superior located on Yonge Street across from the Eaton Centre or, 360 located in the CN Tower. The food is definitely better at The Superior but the visual appeal of 360 is hard to argue with.

Too much? Any other suggestions?

The food is really good and affordable! I highly reccomend it. Good atmosphere too.

The beer is awesome but I'd give the food somewhere between mediocre and meh. I mean I'll eat there again for sure but if I were to place it on a scale from the worst food I've eaten to the best food I've eaten, it'd fall in the middle which is right between mediocre and meh. ;)

Damn I love their beer selection though.

Personally, for a Paul Simon concert, I'm looking forward to drinking a couple of bottles of fine wine before I head in there. It just seems more 'Paul Simon.' ;)