Jambands.ca

Paul Simon at the Hummingbird

edger

The beer is awesome but I'd give the food somewhere between mediocre and meh. I mean I'll eat there again for sure but if I were to place it on a scale from the worst food I've eaten to the best food I've eaten, it'd fall in the middle which is right between mediocre and meh.

I wouldn't rank it as the best either, but for the money you pay, it's better than "regular" pub fare.

I'd like to get to Paul too, but i just don't think i can afford it (with all the other shows going on in the next few months too. I may try for a cheap scalper the night of or something though :) (unlikely for Paul)

Later . . .

Kanada Kev =8)

If you're looking for a good restauarant near the Hummingbird - check out Jamie Kennedy's. Its fucking awesome

The wine bar is tapas - probably perfect. Teh restaurant is fucking spendyg. definatley perfect. but spendy.

oyou like wine -go to the wine bar. I'm in. I got tickets - I'll go. My favourite restaurant in the city. Organic and local if possible - amazing chef. The wines he gets local if he can, drives to niagara and gets non-LCBO for a lot of it.

check that shit out. he really si coo.

I'm waste.d

maaann...

tm has only orchestra tickets ($127 +12 service charge each) !!!

that's like 14 fat cats shows :P

i think i'm oot, but have fun those of you that are going. i would endorse C'est What as a nice place for a pre-show dinner/drink.

i did however get inspired to lay down muoney for bruce cockburn in guelph on october 19.

maybe see some of you there?

Leanne finishes early that day and if I'm real sweet to my boss I might be able to do the same thing. Anyone interested in some fine dining in Toronto before the show? Superior restaurant maybe? I'm game for any kind of pre-game.

Go to Jamie Kennedy's Wine Bar or Restaurant. On Church just south of Front. AWESOME food. He's very organic and local when possible - and has lots of wines paired up that are local Niagara non-LCBO. Tapas only at the wine bar.

Its my favourite restaurant in the city and he's one of the top chef's in Canada.

If I find a date I'll go too.

I got front row balcony seats for the show