Jambands.ca

Yo La Tengo in Ottawa

AD

October 1 at Babylon. Great chance to see a big band in a small club. Last time they were here i saw a matinee show at Zaphods. This show will be in support of their new album I Am Not Afraid of You and I Will Beat Your Ass.

No word yet on tickets or prices etc.

Sept 30th - Yo La Tengo Montreal (in an AWESOME venue)

Is the National the one on Ste Catherine in the gay village? I saw Wolf Parade there and while it was a decent venue, I wouldn't call it awesome... The sightlines are good, but I found it to be just a big boomy auditorium with a insane floor at the back that hurt the legs to stand on.

Small-ish though, so that is sweet. And better than Babylon; you'll at least be able to see the band of you go to Montreal. Only the people in the front row in Ottawa will get that experience.

AD

Sept 30th - Yo La Tengo Montreal (in an AWESOME venue)

Is the National the one on Ste Catherine in the gay village? I saw Wolf Parade there and while it was a decent venue' date=' I wouldn't call it awesome... The sightlines are good, but I found it to be just a big boomy auditorium with a insane floor at the back that hurt the legs to stand on.

Small-ish though, so that is sweet. And better than Babylon; you'll at least be able to see the band of you go to Montreal. Only the people in the front row in Ottawa will get that experience.

AD

[/quote']

That's the one, but my experience with it has been really different. I was there 3 days ago for A silver mt. zion and last year for another show and both times had a really great time. The balcony is crazy and it's really intimate.

That's the one, but my experience with it has been really different. I was there 3 days ago for A silver mt. zion and last year for another show and both times had a really great time. The balcony is crazy and it's really intimate.

Ah cool. I never made it to the balcony, but yeah it is a pretty intimate place as far as theatre auditoriums go.