Jambands.ca

Roll Call: Little Feat / Fat Cats @ Hamilton

\/\/illy

ok, i just hauled ass over to the local ticketmaster and got the last ticket....not for me. blazo was gracious enough to offer to pay for my ticket so when there was only one left, i gave it to him.....SO, if anyone from the venue can see it in their heart to sell me a "standing room only" ticket feel free. otherwise i'll see ya's all at fatties!

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I spoke to some friends at the venue about an hour ago and they said the sound system that was rented for the show tonight is absolutely incredible. I think the band are really stoked to be playing such a cool small-club style venue again. We're in for a rockin' show. Look out!

Schwa - I'll bet a good lookin' guy like yourself could find a way to swing a ticket at the show tonight. I'd show up and give it a whirl if I were you. Speaking of showing up: What time are you arriving in town? Give me a jingle.

.....SO, if anyone from the venue can see it in their heart to sell me a "standing room only" ticket feel free.

In my head, I'm having scenes from one of those half-hour long TV programs, where you can call in and get set up for regular donations to help starving children...but all about getting Schwa. a Little Feat ticket...

"With your help, we can get Schwa. to the Little Feat show..."

100_0603.jpg

Aloha,

Brad

Had a blast partying with you folks on Friday.

I was dissapointed to have missed the Feat, but the rest of the night made up for it!!

Thought there was a bit of an ol' school La Luna vibe kickin around. Lots of faces that I hadn't seen in a while... Thanks to the Feat for stirring up that contingent!! Totally dug the two the new Fatties tunes....

Also been a while since we've heard waiting for spring (I think anyways)

Drawbar, awesome set of pipes on the 'One Way OUt' my man!!

Totally dug the two the new Fatties tunes....

Drawbar, awesome set of pipes on the 'One Way OUt' my man!!

I agree with you edger ... the two new songs sounded great to me. I think I've heard the first of the two once or twice before, but I don't think I've ever heard the second one before, and I thought is sounded great and very well developed for a new song. Both are definitely keepers! I thought the band had lots of great energy for their whole set.

Todd's knife meets finger incident had Drawbar stepping up to the plate all night long, which was awesome, as his organ and harmonica playing totally fills out the Fatties sound. And the man can sing! The whole band played well I thought, even Todd with his finger held together by a band-aid. I loved the short jam as the band waited for the guitar player to change a band-aid! :) :)

Little Feat was solid, but I must admit to thinking that the theatre would have been a better venue for them. PJ's is nice and small, which is awesome, but in many ways the band needs a bigger stage to be fully appreciated I think. Still a memorable night on many levels though. It was nice to hear A Political Blues ... I didn't think the band blew it through the roof or anything, but it certainly brought back some personal memories.

Peace, Mark