Jambands.ca

PETTY!!!!!

I spoke to my buddy at TicketBastard and he said there are LOTS of lawn tix still available. So anyone not seeing Feat in Hamilton should come on out!! Looks like a nice night too :D

**** setlist spoiler *****

He mixes up a few tunes each night ... and has had a number of guests on stage:

LISTEN TO HER HEART

YOU DON'T KNOW HOW IT FEELS

I WON'T BACK DOWN

FREE FALLIN'

SAVING GRACE

MARY JANE

I'M A MAN

OH WELL

HANDLE WITH CARE

Band Intro & Stevie Nicks Intro

STOP DRAGGIN' MY HEART AROUND

I NEED TO KNOW

MYSTIC EYES

SQUARE ONE

INSIDER

LEARNING TO FLY

DON'T COME AROUND HERE NO MORE

REFUGEE

RUNNIN' DOWN A DREAM

Encore

YOU WRECK ME

GLORIA

AMERICAN GIRL

Really? Well, then, I'm even gladder (Is that a word?) that I'm going.

Bummer, though, that he's semi-retiring. He puts on a fun show.

He sure does! That show at MLG in '95? was fantastic. The fact that Stevie Nicks comes out for a good chunk of the show is a nice bonus as well (she's a great performer).

See ya at the gig. Look for the two little kids with glowstick and light-up thingies :D

Later . . .

Kanada Kev =8)

What a show last night! Got down to the Amph while the BBofA were still on. Had to get in a pretty long line at the box office for tix. I couldn't believe how many people went as walk-ups to this show. The lawn had to have been sold out by showtime (or pretty damn close.

Just as I got to the front of the line, I run into Cully and Baj. Perfect. I score them tix so they don't have to wait in line, and now i have a little cash in my pocket for the show. We all head in and hook up with a group of about 15 people I knew heading to the show.

Let's get to the point, and roll another joint! Full moon fever in the sky and a surprisingly warm night up on the lawn. Petty and his band did not let up for the entire show. One great tune after another.

I wonder what happened to Stevie Nicks. We got snubbed. Oh well, Petty made up for it and showed there really was no need for her .

With the lawn so crowded, I had to pay particular attention to the kids to make sure that nobody stomped on them. Couple of close calls, but everyone was cool and we had a great time.

During AMerican Girl, a big gust of wind blew in and you knew it was a precursor to a killer storm. With the kids, we decided it was time to book outta there before we got soaked. Good thing we did. Made for an easy exit and stayed dry. Missed the encore, but we def got our money's woth even without it.

Baj and Cully, sorry I didn't have a chance to say goodbye. Come on out to the Slippermen show tonight and we'll have more of a chance to hang and chat.

Oh well, I think it's tiime for a nap in order to recharge the batteries for tonight :):D

Later . . .

Kanada Kev =8)

ps - what was the encore?

That was fantastic, but Ontario Place has to learn to make separate line-ups for Will Call as opposed to people who just want to buy tickets. I stood in line for more than an hour to pick up my ticket, and missed the Blind Boys as a result.

Tom Petty is an amazing performer; and so cool.

funny,

i missed the blind boys aswell but for other reasons....

the people i was going down with live near the venue, so we were hanging at their place when i realize I FORGOT MY TICKET!!!! NOOOOO!!!!!!

so, i had to ride the subway all the way back uptown (DOWNSVIEW STATION) ...end of the line....

pick up my ticket, and take the subway all the way back....

soooo annoying...thank god i had a bunch of beers to drink on the subway.

ended up walking in just in time to catch the show.

What a show!!!! I made the 3 hour drive to toronto on a whim and it was the best decision I ever made! The lawn was the place to be seeing one of my life-long fave musicians. I'm sad that I didn't see alot of people there I had hoped to (aka cully, baj, mr slippery) but you know, the rain kind of cleared things out fast! Tom Petty....I think you can get by in the english language by only knowing those 2 words! It was such a toss-up between tom and little feat but man, Petty sure delivered!

I had goosebumps the entire show...I think just cause I haved loved him forever and FINALLY got to see him...it was a huge rush!

HUGE THANKS to you Kev...got me into yet another killer show...you rock! and Thanks to mr cully for the usual awesome pre and post shananigans...even gourmet turkey burgs thrown into the mix...it was a first time night all over the place for me..ha

oh and I subconciously avoided the rain ;) ...i slipped through the cracks and ended up front for the whole second half of the show...at one point(TRASHED)I asked the people that let me party with them at their sets..."how are we feeling sprinkles in here...and they laughed saying "its a hard rain out there!" then we all laughed super hard...although I did feel bad for my crew where ever they were...WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO PETTY ruled !!! I even called the encore song "Runnin down a dream!"

glad everyone had a good time sorry i missed some of you...peace :)

what an awesome weekend :)

i had such a great time at the show. caught the very end of blind boys but had to fight the crowds for beer and food. i've never seen the amph that crowded! we had a good spot on the lawn though.

i was so happy we didn't get rained on until during the encore! but i like it when that happens. it's like washing away all your sins :)

thanks for the hospitality stone mtn and pumpkin head!

:)