Jambands.ca

me and and Kw

tribalstar

There is no medium sized room in Kitchener it's either the Starlight which is hard to fill or the Circus Room which is pretty much not all that enticing.

I live 20 minutes from there, have band will travel, but can't find a room for a band at our stage.

Anywho...any ideas?

Deeps

Hey Nat, of course we remember you! :)

I love the Lanc for shows, but it does take some work to make it happen there ... bringing in some sound gear, bringing in people to work the door, and doing promo to make sure people show up. It certainly requires more work for the band and/or promoter than running a show at an established live music venue like The Starlight, Pepper Jack's, The Casbah, etc., where there is an in-house sound system (with someone to run it), regular door people, regular promotion done by the venue, etc. But the Lanc is a great place for a party, that's for sure!

Peace, Mark

Try the Lancaster Tavern' date=' lots of good shows have been put on there, talk to Diesel Dog, Harvard Mouse, Jomomma et. al.[/quote']

how can you use the term good show and jomomma in the same sentence?

Jomomma kicks ass. I have been coming to their shows for six years and have seen and heard them go through a lot of changes. They have always maintained a level of musical integrity and an atmosphere of intrigue and fun that captivates my attention and keeps me dancing for hours. Their music actually demands my brain to focus on the sounds and my body is compelled to move to the rhythm. If I could only listen to ten bands for the rest of my life Jomomma would definitely be one of them.

Thank you very much for defending us as we always seem to take a lot of shit from this board. I am sure that person was getting quite the chuckle at their computer when they typed those words. But over the years I have learned to not get bent out of shape when serious music fans express their dislike for our band. If everyone liked the same music I think we would get very bored and disinterested. Man there have been points in my career where I havn't liked our band. Oh well that is the way she goes. But for that small portion of you peeps who like our band we are playing at Jimmy Jazz September 22, and The Starlight on Oct 28 for a spooky Holloween event.

P

Thank you very much for defending us as we always seem to take a lot of shit from this board. I am sure that person was getting quite the chuckle at their computer when they typed those words. But over the years I have learned to not get bent out of shape when serious music fans express their dislike for our band. If everyone liked the same music I think we would get very bored and disinterested. Man there have been points in my career where I havn't liked our band. Oh well that is the way she goes. But for that small portion of you peeps who like our band we are playing at Jimmy Jazz September 22, and The Starlight on Oct 28 for a spooky Holloween event.

P

I like your band. You guys have a distinct sound that I relate to more contemporary instrumental-heavy rock like I Mother Earth and such, it's a welcome change. Party on and come back to the Hammer.