After Midnight

Little Queen of Spades

Further on up the road

Wonderful Tonight

Layla

Cocaine

E: Crossroads

*Clapton on acoutsic

Eric Clapton (guitar / vocals), Doyle Bramhall II (guitar), Derek Trucks (guitar), Willie Weeks (bass), Steve Jordan (drums), Chris Stainton (keyboards), Tim Carmon (keyboards), Michelle John (backing vocals), Sharon White (backing vocals)

------------------------------------------

[color:green]I was very impressed witht his show. Gone are the days of the soft sappy r&bish Clapton. He's back to kickin' ass, it flet like a very 70's show. I shot the sheriff was stellar and hit hard. As did Pretending and After Midnight. As suspected Derek trucks was on fire. But even more so was Clapton thunderous rhtyhm section of bass legend Willie Weeks and Steve Jordan. I'd pay to watch those two guys groove alone.

Top notch! Glad to see E.C. playing hard and diggin' in.

Edited by Guest

02_06.jpg

Agreed "Wonderful Tonight" is a little rich, but at least its from his classic era.

And yes I was hoping for more Derek & the Dominoes material...

...specifically "Keep on Growing" what a tune.

Even so, it had a more urgent driving feel, like the Dominoes due to Derek trucks involvement.

I see another show in a minute on this tour.

P.S. if you don't know this album, check it, it's a waaay underatted effort, one of EC's best solo outings:

B000002LJW.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

Edited by Guest

How was Doyle Bramhall? His career seems to be coming around again after years of abuse.

Ya know I was real excited to see this guy live and he was very so/so I thought.

I mean he did his job and was adequate, but he couldn't hold a candle to EC, Trucks or Robert Cray.

His solos seemed chocked and never really peaked with any energy.

In reality Trucks blew everyone off stage, with the exception of Clapton. And Trucks even gave Clapton a run for his money.

Maybe it was an off night for Doyle, btu I wasn't impressed.

Edited by Guest

Essential Clapton download:

From this tour, and smoking FM board of a show in Italy showcasing Robert Cray on "old love" and Derek Trucks throughout. You can def get a sense of how EC is back to more ballsy rock.

http://www.dimeadozen.org/torrents-details.php?id=102873

Torrent file Eric Clapton 060707 Lucca FM.torrent (will be personalized for you upon download)

Downloads as Eric Clapton 060707 Lucca FM

Info hash 6a9a46a6cb2822cef4c9387ffde1e998723d7256

Description LDB Master Series #38

Hello, this is a collection of masters I would like to seed here. I've been taping shows for more than 20 years and have an

awful lot of masters. Most of them are in the old cassette format, some others are on MiniDisc and others are on CD. I've

taped many shows of many artists over the years, so don't be surprised if you will find many different artists taped! Some

shows are already circulating, some others have not circulated through collectors yet. But most of all, enjoy!

They all come from my mastertapes!

Eric Clapton

Lucca, Piazza Napoleone

7 July 2006

Rai Radio Uno broadcast (live)

So Tired (fade in)

Everybody's got how to move a change / Motherless Children

Old love (with Robert Cray)

Back home

I am yours

Nobody Knows You When You're Down And Out

Running on faith

After midnight

Little queen of spades

Let it rain

Wonderful tonight

Leyla

Leyla (part 2 - instrumental)

Cocaine

Eric Clapton - Guitar, Vocals

Doyle Bramhall II , Derek Trucks - Guitar

Chris Stainton , Tim Carmon - Keyboards

Willie Weeks - Bass

Steve Jordan - Drums

The Kick Horns: Simon Clarke, Roddy Lorimer, Tim Sanders on Brass

Michelle John , Sharon White- Backing Vocals

Nice little set by Eric Clapton, I believe his first date of the tour, opening the 2006 Summer festival in Lucca. Italian

radio broadcasts many gigs from this festival every year, unfortunately in its bad way. The nasty speaker talks after every

single song and this drives me crazy!

So I spent a remarcable amount of time to crossfade the music in order to remove the comments. Now it sounds much better.

I just left one intervention by the speaker to give you an idea of how nasty it was all over the show.

This is not the full set, unfortunately: some songs were not broadcasted such as the opener "Pretending", the beginning of

"So Tired" and the last encore "Crossroads".

I'm not a huge Clapton fan, I have to say, but I listened to this show and I enjoyed greatly. This is for you!!!!

Lineage: Sanyo FMT-3510L FM tuner > Audigy Soundblaster > HD > SoundForge 7.0 > CD Wave >

FLAC Frontend (level 6)

[quote name=The Chameleon

Ya know I was real excited to see this guy live and he was very so/so I thought.

I mean he did his job and was adequate' date=' but he couldn't hold a candle to EC, Trucks or Robert Cray.

In reality Trucks blew everyone off stage, with the exception of Clapton. And Trucks even gave Clapton a run for his money.

Agreed entirely!

I mean he did his job and was adequate, but he couldn't hold a candle to EC, Trucks or Robert Cray.

Maybe it was an off night for Doyle

Agreed entirely!

cool.

Doyle kicked some serious ass on the last Roger Waters tour. Check out the In the Flesh DVD from that one (now that I mention it, I have to go watch it again for the lip-synching....). I have always been impressed by his chops, huge and strange Stevie/Gilmour/Albert King bends on a strat. Maybe listening to him on stage next to Trucks and Clapton doesn't do him the justice he might otherwise deserve.....

peace.