Jambands.ca

Built to Spill

Bennyd

buffalo last night was infuckingcredible!!! they were jammin' for jesus, for christ sake!

dont know the whole setlist, but they opened with Goin Against Your Mind, played an abbreviated Else, Distopian Dream Girl (didnt see that comin!), Conventional Wisom (dedicated to Hugo Chavez), Big Dipper, Sidewalk, Re-Arrange (gladiators cover), a really awesome pre-recorded type politcal jam that i dont know the name of, closed the first set with a big big BIG Carry The Zero - then came back and ruined us in the encore: i forget what the first encore song was, but they closed the whole thing out with a ridiculous Randy Described Eternity... they took the outro and jammed it out for a good 25 minutes building up this MASSIVE and intense wall of sound.. and it just kept going and going, getting bigger and bigger... it was the musical equivalent of a nasty Lake Superior storm... and i loved every bloody second of it!

the venue was absolutely perfect. i hope every band i ever want to see plays there. sound was great - we werent too far from the speakers on the left side, and you could still pick apart everyone's instrumentation pretty cleanly and hear the vocals no problem.

i walked out completely blown away.. thats all there really is to it.

props to my partners in crime fluffhead and his buddy neil - that was awesome!

here's the setlist i found on a BTS board...

Town Ballroom, Buffalo, NY 9/30/06

--------------------------------------------

Goin' Against Your Mind

Made Up Dreams

Else

Distopian Dream Girl

Kicked It In The Sun

Mess With Time

Re-Arrange (The Gladiators)

Sidewalk

[New Song - starts: "daylight feels like midnight"]

Conventional Wisdom (dedicated to Hugo Chavez)

Bomb Shelter

Big Dipper

Carry the Zero

E: Randy Described Eternity (25+ minutes)

Here's a quick review . It was an awesome show, amesome venue, shitty packed non dancing crowd, except for us. Else was great as were Distopian, Going Agaist your Mind, Sidewalk, Zero, Conventional Wisdom, Randy and BROKEN CHAIRS WAS HUGE!

My only complaints besides the bullshit poser crowd were. They had technical problems with their video presentation. That made them start snd stop too often and when they did get it working it was the most irrtating thing i'd ever seen, no one liked it and it was a big waste of time. I was almost positive it was done to the tune of their song "Built to Spill" replacing the vocals with this bullshit rant on war and society which, if it was, really sucked casue i love that song. They didn't interact with the audience at all. Barely any communication with us but who can blame them the crowd sucked.

Here's something cool i found out. Rumor has it they are planning an all Canadian tour that would last 3 weeks coming up summer 2007!! I can't wait!