Jambands.ca

Clear Channel GetAccess tix for Dead @ Darien

backbacon

So I got 2 memberships, which means I got four tix... fine..

Then I went and got 1 more membership (2 more tix)... fine.

Then I got sent another thing in my email saying I got another membership.. hmmm, don't remember purchasing another one.. I don't know wtf is going on.. I'm getting in over my head .. I hope i'm not eff'n myself here. This Clear Channel thing is crazy!

Any thoughts? Anyone else ever get tix this way?

I basically just bought 8 tix for $60, I guess. Hope I'm just not out $60 [Confused]

well coco, i got around it by using an american friend's info who is going to be there too... just used my credit card info and her address. that should work.

fresco, i'm heading down with quite a troop so I'll take care of them first but once I get there and see what the deal is, I'll be able to help some cats out if I have any left.

Hmm, interesting that I didn't get such a message... maybe they just realized what Canadians were doing and put in the extra security measure.

SO what happens if an American is actually getting the tix but they have a friend in Canada who wants to buy them for them? I guess they wouldn't be able to do it. Are you using a VISA? That's what I used.

I sure hope I'm able to get my tickets once I get there. That would suck to be out that money and still have to buy a $45 ticket to get in.

Was it some of the 'BuyNow' ones or did you have to bid on them? All the ones I got were 'BuyNow'.

I was also using the BuyNow feature. I'm pretty sure that they only want your address to send the Get Access membership garbage to you.

Oh well, Clear Channel put out thousands of these cheap-ass tickets so I'm sure they'll be tons of cheap extras out in the lot.

i want some toquitos

oh,, i mean cheapass darien tix,, me and my buddy are driving down friday after work,, no tix

you think therell be cheapass extras like phish tour?

i heard at the gorge there was extras hanging in the trees... It tix going for 35-75 in teh lots

crazyness, i just hope we can find some decent darien ticks

quote:

Originally posted by MoMack:

I've heard with other US only credit card deals you can just say your from California and then where it says to put in your city put "Toronto (or whatever city), Ontario, Canada"

But who knows...

are you going to the show morgan?

lemme know...we are also camping there too i think

I"m going, but my articling interviews are coming up the monday, tuesday, wednesday after, so its going to be a low key event...

How about you Chewie?

And sorry about the slip, I had to help a buddy move, and when we went to pick up the 24foot van they said "we don't have a reservation, or keys" so we didn't get the van til about 5:30 pm. I hate moving...

No, I don't have any extra of the cheapies. I really don't even know how many I bought for sure.

Ad for how I did it... well there is a link to the ebay site in a different thread somewhere. Just buy a ClearChannel membership and two 'comps' with it. I guess it didn't work for NewRider though... who knows what's up with it.

Yeah, where is everyone staying... any contact info for a close campsite.

Uh oh, I am camping there...But not right at Darien Lake, at one of their campsites a bit further away. I'm not exactly sure what it's called but I saw it on a map and it's a decent walking distance from the concert. Why though?

quote:

Originally posted by secondtube:

oh becky, i hope your not camping on site at darien lake....

I had an experience ther once at trey a couple of years ago and we got back to our campsite we tried to hit some jams up acoustics and drums and we got cut off in a matter of minutes, it was a total buzz killer. The whole park was dead and the party was apparently just down the street. But this is at the site right at the park, so hopsfully you have somrthing different.

Yeah...My sister mentioned how I probably shouldn't bring my guitar (not that there's room for it with 6 people in a van! Oh...) because of that. But a few friends of ours are staying at a site down the road where the party's probably going to be at, so we might just walk or something. I'm more worried about stuff being stolen from our campsite than anything.

Archived