Jambands.ca

Darkstar Orchestra Fans

phishin4groove

i think they could be convinced...

now that bones 'DSO merch guy extraordinaire' jones is grounded up here in canada, i think the band should come to him [Cool] cross canada tour with canadian bands opening along the way..... let's get on the emails and make it happen! let them know they'll have an awesome time.

i just went to their website and if you click on 'contact' on the left side then there's a link to email the whole band... all but the cosmiccharlie2002 address went through.

let's get this ball rolling!!!

it may be a good idea to mention the current lack of maryjane legislation in the province to help twist some arms [Wink][Cool]

Dark Star Orchestra had an offer from Kool Haus for a gig on the 1st of September. I've heard really bad things about Kool Haus from friends, and also heard that it has a corner stage which doesn't really work for DSO. Someone on the Cavern mentioned the Danforth Music Hall as a good venue, and then there's the Opera House!

Originally when i heard about the Sept. gig, i thought it was not a good date as the CTMF was planned for that weekend. Now, I wish more than anything it were happenin'...Kool Haus or not!

I think the best thing to do would be to FLOOD everyone's mailbox with requests to come up north to Canada. The 2 main forces in making this happen are DSO's band manager and keyboardist Scott Larned (spl1969@aol.com), as well as our booking agent Jeff Laramie from SRO productions. You can email him directly at gigs@sroartists.com

One problem DSO may have in their effort crossing the border is the fact that another of our crew members had a bit of trouble with the law up here in Canada. Circa 1992 at the GD shows in Hamilton. He's an important part of the crew too, so we can't just leave him behind!

I know a lot of the band and crew want to come up to Canada for a tour. The troubles I have encountered recently may have everyone a little shy about crossing the 49th, but I'm sure they've heard how great the ABB visit was.

DSO are awesome and i know people are going to be blown away when they do get up here. Thanks for the interest everyone...start emailing and don't stop until they set a date!!

...OH YEAH...it's tech extraordinaire earthfreak, not merch guy extraordinaire...GEEEEZZZZ -

Pat Mallinger as Branford Marsalis recreating 03/29/90 Nassau Coliseum, Uniondale, NY

...because this post has made my day, I want to offer up some live DSO cd's...B&P's, trades or freebies...it's all good!

email me if you are interested dso_bones@hotmail.com

Esau13...burned you the 6/3/03 show and had it at the ABB show, but i don't know who I'm looking for:) I'll mail it off to you bro!

"Pat Mallinger as Branford Marsalis recreating 03/29/90 Nassau Coliseum, Uniondale, NY"

Are you sure Pat Mallinger isnt a fake name for John Fishman?

I hope the Jerry dude used tons of midi that night [Wink]

and that Bob character scares the snot out of me, heck, you can even see his motions in that picture and how much he imitates Booby.

wow

Archived