Jambands.ca

North Korea

Dr_Evil_Mouse

you must be all for the anti-ballistic missile shield...

ARM THE WORLD!

No no in the slightest. I am not for arming the world, rather disarming it. All I was saying is that right now the US is the biggest nuclear armed agressor in the world and it seems to be that only nations with nukes are the ones they respect, and due to that fear/respect they don't invade.

If you read my post carefully I said I was not for more nukes, but it was a smart tactical move ont he part of North Korea.

And I also think handguns should be outlawed. Handguns are only for killing people.

No no in the slightest. I am not for arming the world, rather disarming it. All I was saying is that right now the US is the biggest nuclear armed agressor in the world and it seems to be that only nations with nukes are the ones they respect, and due to that fear/respect they don't invade.

If you read my post carefully I said I was not for more nukes, but it was a smart tactical move ont he part of North Korea.

ok...

but i think what you consider a smart tactical move, more like a dumb grade school guy, show me your balls, i'll show you my balls, move.

to steal someone else's line, fighting fire with fire only makes us all losers in the end.

No no in the slightest. I am not for arming the world' date=' rather disarming it. All I was saying is that right now the US is the biggest nuclear armed agressor in the world and it seems to be that only nations with nukes are the ones they respect, and due to that fear/respect they don't invade.

[/quote']

ok...

but i think what you consider a smart tactical move, more like a dumb grade school guy, show me your balls, i'll show you my balls, move.

to steal someone else's line, fighting fire with fire only makes us all losers in the end.

Very true, however force and the "bigger ball game", is the only thing the US respects/understands.

And you are right we are all losers in the end. But now that north Korea has a nuke they will not be the first to lose at the hands of the US.

And to steal someone elses line: "Never bring a knife to gunfight". I think Kim Jong Eel saw that movie (the untouchables) and took it to heart.

Edited by Guest

Very true, however force and the "bigger ball game", is the only thing the US respects/understands.

And you are right we are all losers in the end. But now that north Korea has a nuke they will not be the first to lose at the hands of the US.

And to steal someone elses line: "Never bring a knife to gunfight". I think Kim Jong Eel saw that movie (the untouchables) and took it to heart.

I think time will force the US to understand and respect much, much more. Time will show them the error of their ways.

I prefer a more ghandi-like approach to the entire situation.

That and if we ARE all losers in the end (which i don't believe we will be, btw), does it really matter who loses first?

Edited by Guest

Very true' date=' however force and the "bigger ball game", is the only thing the US respects/understands.

And to steal someone elses line: "Never bring a knife to gunfight". I think Kim Jong Eel saw that movie (the untouchables) and took it to heart.[/quote']

I think time will force the US to understand and respect much, much more. Time will show them the error of their ways.

I prefer a more ghandi-like approach to the entire situation.

That and if we ARE all losers in the end (which i don't believe we will be, btw), does it really matter who loses first?

I sincerly hope you are right about the US and time showing them that force doesn't work, but I sadly do not share your optimism.

And yes it does matter who loses first in terms of world domination as time is life and time is all we have.

Again I hope your right, but the US doesn't learn. If they did Vietnam would have shown them that Iraq wouldn't work. But they are now repeating that disaster.

Let's hope.

I just heard something hilarious, or at least to me, I guess in an interview today Harper said that the States weren't the only ones 'stiffed' by North Korea. It's just funny to me, wait for it, because frankly I really don't mind Harper as the PM. I definitely don't see who the Liberal candidate for the job would have been and even Ignatieff doesn't look like a strong match against Harper. I mean I'm a card carrying Liberal, or was til my MP voted against decrim, but I'm just more issue specific in my interests. I don't identify with parties too much anymore.

I don't know this is not on point with North Korea except that it's better that we're mending our fences with the States through these trying times. I also respect Harper for going to bat for Maher Arar as well as Rona Ambrose the Enviro Minister and the parties new directions regarding air quality and the auto industry. How much do you want to be that Bush is the only guy on the planet that calls Harper 'Steve'.

Personally I call Harper "that evil fucker" but that's because I'm a card carrying american policy hater (don't mistake that with american people hater as there are lots of bands and fine folks from down south and it's not their fault they were born there).

Out east I saw one of the best shirts ever. It said at the top "Where are the weapons of mass destruction" then it had a picture of the states with little nuke things at various points and underneath it said "Right next door!".

I think, though I hate violence and stupid weapons like mad, that I have to agree with the folks saying it's a good idea on NK's part. Watch the Franti DVD: I know I'm not alone and just see what happened in Iraq since the US got there (no, it's not the same as what's reported in the news, order and shit no longer exists at all whereas at least it did a bit before the US invasion).

That said, I hate nukes. Their existence is one of the greatest failures of mankind. We call ourselves civilized (whatever that means) but I have yet to see an animal create something that can destroy so much...