Jambands.ca

Go Habs Go - Fan Forum

badams

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Low Roller

That's what that idiot Eklund tried to spread around.

Then again during the press conference Gainey really struggled to say that he was staying on as GM despite the loss of his daughter. The thought probably crossed his mind.

Thankfully for us he's sticking around.

Guest Low Roller
So its Eklund's fault you posted it here?

Who's more idiotic: the idiot, or the idiot who follows him?

Will you stop following me around here?

Guest Low Roller

Gainey has confirmed that Bonk, Johnson, Aebischer, Niinimaa, and Downey will not be part of the team next year.

On the other hand he wants Souray and Markov to stay with the team.

Wow, you guys are tools. Do you even understand the point of Eklund's site?

The guy is very well connected around the hockey world and he passes along what people are talking about. That's it, that's all. He's the first to admit that very little of what he reports comes true (what percentage of trades discussed between GMs do you think actually get completed??). He doesn't even comment on the likelihood of his rumours coming true, he only reports (e1, e5, etc) how close his source is to the actual deal.

Hockeybuzz.com - Combining the credibility of anonymous hearsay with the excitement of typing.

Guest Low Roller

news_Carey_Price_1.jpg

Carey Price's pro debut was a successful one as he stopped 27 of 28 shots last night at a season high crowd of 10,500 fans at Copps Coliseum. The Bulldogs won 3-1, and are currently fighting for home ice advantage in the playoffs.

Guest Low Roller

Rumour du jour is that the Habs have signed RW prospect Thomas Beauregard after his QMJHL team Acadie-Bathurst Titans was bounced from the playoffs last week.

Beauregard was selected to the QMJHL 1st All-Star Team this year.

Also, there have been Gainey, Cabs, and Jarvis sightings at every Bulldogs game since the Habs were eliminated. It seems that they are seriously scouting the talent pool before the free agency season starts.

Booche remains unmoved.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Low Roller

What's with the massive hate-on for all things Russian??

The Montreal press is all over Kovalev's comments about being frustrated with Montreal and threateining to ask for a trade. Of course the level-headed reporters have gone as far as saying that Gainey must buy out Kovalev's contract because he has burned all his bridges.

Samsonov has been tarred, feathered, and run out of town.

Perezhogin was on thin ice with Carbs in the latter half of the season, and seems to have fallen out of favour with the organization. Jacques Demers commented that trading Perezhogin would "be no great loss".

All these negative attitudes towards the Russian players might affect Andrei Markov's desire to re-sign with the team. If that's not enough, Craig Rivet wasn't really helpful by saying how great it was playing for a team in a city that isn't completely obsessed with the game.

The Habs are also trying to get Valentenko and Emelin to jump across the pond next year. How will they react to the negative press the Habs are getting in Russia?

Guest Low Roller

Fuck I hope Markov re-signs. He's in Russia right now playing in the World Championships. He's sure to get an earful while he's there. Hopefully he'll give Emelin an earful as to why he should sign with the Habs over the summer.

Funny side note: Neither Kovalev or Samsonov were invited to play for the Russian national team.

Guest Low Roller

No can watch-O.

Trust me, it kills me inside that I can't watch any hockey here. I wanted to watch yesterday's Rangers/Sabres game, but nobody was streaming it online. I get my fix by reading such luminaries as Hickey, Boone, and Ecklund.

Normality will be achieved in about 14 months.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Low Roller

RDS is reporting that RFA Alexander Perezhogin has signed a two year deal with Salava Yulaev in the Russian League.

Rumours were already going around a couple of weeks ago, but Perezhogin's agent denied them.

Anybody know if the new player transfer agreement between the IIHF and the RSL is a two-way deal? Are the Habs entitled to any sort of compensation?

Apparently there is real hockey going on right now as well.

Ah, good riddance. The only thing that blows is that the Habs lose someone that could have been chucked in as part of a trade package. I highly doubt he would have been playing with the team next season.......not for long anyways.

Its unlikely he is an NHL calibre type player but time will tell.

Are the Habs entitled to any sort of compensation?

Probably not but who cares. They would have got 2 rubles and klauh kalesh on a stick for him.

Guest Low Roller

It's a two year contract with the Russian team. There is no way that the Habs will pay him $1.7M per season.

Where did you get the whole "owning rights" thing? How does that work?

Guest Low Roller

Markov injures knee in IIHF semi-final

While details on the severity of the injury were sketchy last night, this was reported by the IHWC.net 2007 website, which detailed a collision, by all accounts a hit with intent to injure, at 5:40 of the first period of Saturday’s game:

“Markov was skating out of his zone after making an outlet pass when Finland’s Sean Bergenheim laid a knee-on-knee hit on the high-scoring Russian defenceman at the blueline. Markov crumpled to the ice and had to be helped off the ice by the trainer. (He would return to action, but only temporarily in the second period.)

“(Russia’s) Ilya Kovalchuk confronted Bergenheim afterwards and took a slashing penalty, while Bergenheim was kicked out of the game with a five-minute major and game misconduct.â€

Markov had an excellent tournament until then, scoring three goals, two on the power play, and five assists and going plus-five in eight games in Moscow.

Eligible to become an unrestricted free agent on July 1, he is very high on Canadiens GM Bob Gainey's to-do list of player signings. The 28-year-old native of Voskresensk, Russia has said he hopes to return to Montreal, and talks between his agent, Don Meehan, and Gainey apparently have been going well.

[credit: The Gazette]

Great, so Souray has shoulder surgery and now Markov has a bum knee... I would hate to be in Gainey's shoes this summer.