Jambands.ca

Go Habs Go - Fan Forum

badams

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Low Roller
The Montreal Canadiens have been known for their goaltending over the history of the organization and that trend looks to continue in the near future as Jaroslav Halak has been named to the AHL All Rookie Team and Cedrick Desjardins has been named to the ECHL All Rookie Team. In addition Carey Price was named to the Western Conference First Team All Stars, which gives the Canadiens four goalies in four leagues this year to be named All Stars with Huet in the NHL, Halak in the AHL, Desjardins in the ECHL and Price in the WHL.

This was a hard season on my heart.

They started off incredibly hot then became wrought with a terrible tragedy and a flu-bug that may or may not have carried on far too long (depending on who you believe but Pat Hickey has never failed me) followed by more inconsistency and a lack of 5 on 5 scoring. Special teams really did make this team. Souray's contributions cannot be denied and seeing him leave the last game for much of the third took its toll. The final game against the Leafs was a great microscopic look how the year went for them.

The team also looked very tired to me during the final push and was indicative of how their first round matchup against a healthy Buffalo team would have gone. Still, anything can happen in the playoffs but I was ready for the worst. I made a pact with a good friend of mine, who is a Buffalo fan living out of Ottawa, that we would go see a game in Montreal provided we got tickets. In a way I feel that it was best the Habs didnt land a playoff spot. As DaveO has said and as many of us fellow Hab fans know, this was a team that looked like world-beaters during some periods but could lose to the Kingston Voyageurs during most of the other ones.

Thanks for the good times boys. It was a fun ride for the most part but one hopes we Hab fans never see another complete collapse like this year showed us. I still believe the future looks very bright and I fault no one because I am not close enough to the action to really know. It will be interesting to see what they do with Kovalev because we all know some players have certainly played their last game in a CH jersey.

Guest Low Roller

Carey Price has signed a three year contract with the Habs. He will be joining the Bulldogs immediately along with Lapierre and Kostitsyn. Rumours du jour are that Halak won't be returning to Hamilton and that Gainey is stepping down as GM today???