Jambands.ca

Go Habs Go - Fan Forum

badams

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Low Roller

Gainey is in a tough position- damned if he does, and damned if he doesn't.

Quick rule clarification: if a player gets bought out of his contract and then he signs with another team, does he get two paychecks?

Roller,

Tonight was the first night (from what I remember) this entire season I watched any other game while Montreal was playing. There were three Toronto fans in my living room and each better have fucking appreciated it. Those dicks. Luckily I caught the third period. I got in shit from Lynn for chucking stuff when Metropolits scored the late tying goal but it was all worth it for Kovalevs incredible backhander with a minute and a half to play. Fucking wicked goal. Why cant that fucker have passion? He has the ability to turn a game on a dime but cant do it. Oh well, at least he isnt Randy Moss. The highlights of the Lapierre goal and the Begin goal are sweet. Niiiiiiiiiice goals. High five!

By the way:

if a player gets bought out of his contract

Assuming this is same principle as the NFL, if he's bought out (meaning they dont pay him anymore) there is a cap hit. You can call me wasted but I cant think of this happening since the new CBA has taken place.

Haha I was just talking to one of the sisters of the informant. She was just talking to him earlier today. It's not a revolt but there are some concerns. That being said I see no reason he won't be back next year and given time to work on it.

Has anyone noticed all the ex Hab coaches that have their teams in playoff positions right now?

As I said earlier, I dont think Carbo is at fault here. He's made his mistakes.

Without pointing specific fingers, I tend to agree with William in that the core of this team is not playing with any consistency. How many coaches has this team gone through? It's time to look in the mirror and wonder where the problem really lies. Seems like MTL's most recent coaches are having moderate success with their current teams but had a difficult time with the Habs.

Reasons for the Habs poor play...

Goaltending - Huet was playing well but then started to faulter after being injured. Then he was out all together.

Reliance on Special Teams - Our PP and PK are dynamite but 5 on 5 we don't score. When we have a bad stretch with specialty teams we struggle.

Impact Players - Guys like Ryder and Higgins have not performed. Don't even get me started on Kovalev. Every 5th game or so he plays like Mario Lemieux then turns into Nathan Layefette

Morale - Samsonov, Kovalev etc. Where there is smoke there is fire.

Hookers - After hours partying is tiring them out

Guest Low Roller

Montreal Canadiens 1993 Playoff Run

with NFL voiceover guy

Montreal Canadiens vs. Quebec Nordiques

1985 Quarterfinals, Game 7, Overtime

Shane Corson vs. Gary Roberts

Aaron Downey vs. Chris Neil

Habs/Bruins Brawl