Jambands.ca

Go Habs Go - Fan Forum

badams

At the time it wasn't disclosed who the 2nd goalie in Montreal would be. I drafted all 3 Habs Goalies and another starter. I would have dropped him right away but my team is doing very well and there is no need for me to drop him. He might be good trade bait.

Don't you worry about my fantasy teams :)

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Low Roller

Well things are going to be interesting with the goalies at the end of the year, that's for sure...

Huet - UFA

Danis - UFA

Halak - RFA

Desjardins - FA

In fact the only goalies signed for next year are Price and Lacasse, and the latter is not even being assigned to the ECHL but to the IHL. Ouch.

In Bob I Trust.

HOLY SPEED TRACK BATMAN!

Wow. If you had of told me before hand this game would be this wide-open and quick and end 2-nothing with an empty netter I would never have believed you. That was killer. In all honesty I believe I could still say the same thing had the Habs lost by the same score.

Guest Low Roller

Result! The game was tense the whole way. No real glaring blunders by the Habs as they put on a real solid effort defensively. Josh Gorges is starting to show some good poise.

The Canadiens held an optional skate today. On the ice was Andrei Kostitsyn, Tomas Plekanec, Steve Begin, Kyle Chipchura, Tom Kostopoulos, Mikhail Grabovski, Josh Gorges, Mark Streit, Cristobal Huet and Carey Price. Injured players Francis Bouillon (shoulder) and Garth Murray (ankle) were also on the ice. Assistant Coach Kirk Muller was in full equipment, doing drills with the players. In the gym during the skate were Christopher Higgins, Saku Koivu, Michael Ryder, Alexei Kovalev, Guillaume Latendresse, Bryan Smolinski, Mathieu Dandenault, Andrei Markov, Mike Komisarek, Roman Hamrlik and Patrice Brisebois.

He already gave you one buddy and look how well you cared for it.

;)

Why are you being so hurtful man?

How the heck was I supposed to know someone would sneak into my house and steal it? Damn!!! I wish I still had that. It was orange and ugly but soooooo cool.

Guest Low Roller

I have the white one with the red trim. It's a small but it's waaaaay too baggy for me around the arms. If I jumped off a cliff I could probably use the sleeves to glide down safely to the ground.

In contrast my small Team Canada jersey fits perfectly.

Guest Low Roller

Garth Murray has been placed on waivers... leading me to wildly speculate that Maxim Lapierre is on his way back up or that some sort of trade is imminent where we would receive multiple players for one...

Guest Low Roller

It's an open spot in the roster. He was the only "spare" that could play a tough man role. Grabovski and Kostitsyn are playmakers.

It's illogical that Gainey would move him and not replace the spot.

Guest Low Roller

Not really surprisingly, Garth Murray has cleared waivers for the second time in less than a year. This time however he is likely to be sent to Hamilton.

Personally I don't think that he really adds anything to the Habs right now who have much more talented youngsters.

Following Aebischer, another former Hab Aaron Downey was placed on waivers by the Red Wings today. That's 'cause he sucks.

Who's watching the game tonight? Price vs. Tukka Rask (most likely). We'll get to see for the first time the other side of the deal that brought Andrew Raycroft to the Leafs.

He's looking potentially imposing. He seems to understand positioning far more than goaltenders normally do at his age and I am extremely happy how the Habs are utilizing him right now.

His play as a rookie leaves me very impressed thus far but I am trying to disallow the media from framing my viewpoint. There seems to be too much 'saviour' talk going on.