Jambands.ca

Go Habs Go - Fan Forum

badams

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can't blame price on the goal at all either.

well, he failed to impede the progress of the puck as it broke the plane of the goal line, as is the sole task in his job description. :)

Careful not to anoint him prematurely

Guest Low Roller

Price was outstanding last night as he did everything right. Tim Thomas wasn't bad either, but definitely not as tested as Price.

It would seem that Boston has finally figured out how to play against the Habs, and have effectively neutralized their PP with very tight coverage on the point and jamming everyone else in front of the net to create maximum traffic without screening Thomas. They have shut down Montreal's speed very effectively as well. Higgins, Ryder, and Plekanec have all been invisible this series, which also doesn't help.

Boston deserved the last two games, thankfully they only got one. Carbs will have to find a way to bust through that defence.

I fell asleep during at the intermission before OT. Probably for the best because I avoided the shattering disappointment of my team losing, however I hear that Montreal had their chances in OT.

GO HABS GO!!!!!

Guest Low Roller

Montreal has two plays on their PP:

1- Shot from the point by Streit

2- Kovalev one timer from the right faceoff circle.

Both are set-up by Markov.

The Bruins have effectively shut down both options, by keeping real tight coverage on Streit, Markov, and Kovalev, and allow the other two players to scramble for position to receive the rebound, guessing correctly that they won't instigate the initial shot. Muller needs to come up with a new play rather quickly. The Habs are 1-for-MANY in this series and it is killing them as Booche pointed out.

Guest Low Roller

Lucic played like he was posessed. I was well impressed by him.

The Habs rookies will have to find that 'next gear' that they never realized they had.

Here's a couple of pictures before the prime rib was served on Saturday night. Once again, my wife totally rocks.

(yelling from opposite rooms)

Booche: Honey, we are bringing the dining room table to the basement so we can watch the game over dinner.

Douglas: Sure thing babe!

Looks like all I needed on my plate was beer. Ole, ole ole ole. Ole. Ole.

55ecb8b0.jpg

Kids. Always listen to your coaches. Unless its Don Cherry.

135eed80.jpg