Jambands.ca

Go Habs Go - Fan Forum

badams

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Low Roller

Mark Streit is out for tonight's game with a hip injury.

There goes the PP... Oh wait.

EDIT: Ryder in.

Edited by Low Roller

Thought you might enjoy this story from a friend of mine who was in Boston for games 3 and 4.

So I'm down in Boston for work between Sunday and Wednesday and went to both games. Game 3 on sunday night was enjoyable, sat with some MTL guys and shot the shit, thjey cheered, we cheered and everything was reasonably peaceful. this was in the lower bowl, 8 rows back where the tickets cost $100 (much cheaper then back home).

For the game on Tuesday night I had a work function that I snuck out of half-way thorugh the first period and arrived to the game just at the end of the 1st - no tickets were available online so I picked one up in the rafters for $30 from a scalper. I get to my seat and the guy next to me is four beers in and wants to know if I am a NARC, since I am dressed in work clothes. I tell him no and that I flew down from Ottawa to cheer on the Bruins, because of my "commitment to the team" I became his new best friend. He introduces himself as Johnny "The Jew", and then says his name in jail was Johnny "The Jailhouse Jew". So being curious I ask him what he was in for and when he got out - well apparently he went to his ex-girlfriends house with a bat to confront her new boyfriend, hit the guy with the bat, took his money and drove off with his ex's car, and lucky me I'm now one of his peeps. He also claims he didn't want to do anything, but a switch just flipped and he went off, spent 2-years in the pen and was now out on parole for the last 3-weeks.

We are surrounded in front and behind us by Habs fans , one being a girl behind Johnny that goes "Oie, oie, oie, oie, oie, oie" and sounded like a little "pig revving her engine (Johnny's words)" every time there was a hit, or a chance by MTL. In front of us were 4 very metrosexual MTL guys that Johnny thought were gay - but he was ok with that as long as they didn't look at him, talk to him, or touch him (his words again). So the game is going along and Johnny keeps drinking, to the point he wants to show me his vagina...I tell him if it is a real vagina I don't want to see it, then he lifts off his shirt, raises up his arm and has a tattoo on his armpit of a spread-eagled pair of legs going up the inside of his arm and down his rib cage and in the middle of his armpit their is a tattoed vagina and anus - "it's just like a Montreal girl with a big hairy snatch and always open for business" (again Johnny's words). On his forearm is a holocaust survivor tattoo with the serial number 6969690 - he says that it was his grandfather's serial number and then laughs, because he hates Jews and only got the tattoo to remember his grandfather, who was German (although Johnny says he is Irish from South Boston) and was in the German military for WW2.

All that being said it was a pretty easy going game and then the final whistle blows, Johhny starts going down the stairs and one of the metrosexual MTL fans throws a beer at him and hits him. The MTL guys are laughing, Johnny turns around walks back up to them, doesn't say anything and hits the closest one with a left cross that is harder then anything I have ever seen live - the MTL guy, which was not the one that threw the beer, falls over one row and ends up two rows below where he was standing - he can no longer properly speak, can not close his jaw and the swelling was almost instant and drool started coming out of the right corner. The security guard sees this and calls the cops, of which 10-12 show up and start coming up the aisle - Johhny is bolting across the rows, I'm guessing since he is on parole and does not want to go back to jail and the fans - Bruins and Habs - are just standing there in shock.

Morale of the story - don't fuck with a southie.

Interesting fact - A lot of vendors in the Boston Gardens would not serve people with a Quebec license a beer and that caused a lot of arguments. They said that they do not recognize the license and would need a passport for validation purposes.

Guest Low Roller

The Habs have recalled six players from the Hamilton Bulldogs: Kyle Chipchura ©, Matt D'Agostini (RW), Brock Trotter ©, Pavel Valentenko (D), Mathieu Carle (D), and Yann Danis (G).

Obviously this move is to give the youngsters a chance to experience the playoff atmosphere, because there is NO chance that any of them will see any ice time during the playoffs.

Yeah, because analog signals never dropped eh?

Not like this shit. Especially annoying when they sell digital as a better signal. My CBC HD channel was unwatchable earlier.

Even with the Sens out you find something to disagree with me. ;) Enjoy your Habs. :)

Rogers is acting up tonight. I lost one of my channels at work. I'd still rather have Rogers than Bell. Every time it snows or rains' date=' Bell cuts out.[/quote']

This shit shouldn't happen for the $120+ a month I'm giving those bastards.

Call them and complain. Say it happens too much. Be firm and I almost guarantee they'll cut you a deal regarding free channels for a few months etc...

Even with the Sens out you find something to disagree with me.

I thought you paid better attention to detail. I almost never agree with you. ;)

As for Rogers acting up tonight Jaimoe, I dont know how much I agree with that because only CBC HD was screwy over here.