Jambands.ca

Go Habs Go - Fan Forum

badams

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Low Roller

He basically panicked because there was a player behind him and got rid of the puck as fast as he could. He looked right at the other D-man (was it Streit?) and though that was his best option. Kozlov read it and bam.

Kovalev's goal was a beauty. I enjoy watching him play again.

But you're right... at least we got a point.

Guest Low Roller

Not the kind of play that Gorges needed to impress Carbonneau. If Bouillon is out for another couple of games hopefully Gorges will get his chance to redeem himself.

Let's not forget that Gorges did a beauty of a shot block yesterday, so it's not like he stunk all night. However the spectre of Ryan O'Byrne must be looming ever so closer, and Gorges knows it.

Guest Low Roller
Were those some beauty shootout goals, or what? Incredible quick release by Kovalchuk.

Yup. I hope this doesn't mean that Price has been figured out. He's insane to give away his shoot-out strategy in interviews.

Koivu has one move, and it usually works.

Guest Low Roller

According to RDS the Habs have told Kyle Chipchura, Mikail Grabovski, and Carey Price that they can look for apartments in Montreal because they are definitely staying for the entire season with the team. Up to now the three have been living out of a hotel.

No word on Andrei Kostitsyn who has failed to regain the form he showed at the end of last year.

I'm guessing that a team would rather have a gritty all-purpose player as a spare rather than a offensively-minded inconsistent player. This might lead Montreal to swap Kostitsyn with Maxime Lapierre?

Guest Low Roller

Result! I missed the game last night, but from all reports it was a one-sided affair.

Another Flyer lowers the boom. Those ass-lickers. I hope Kovalev is ok.

Guest Low Roller

He may not score much, but damn if he isn't our most consistent defenceman.

Edited by Low Roller
Regarding Hamrlik that is.

The Hamrlik penalty shot is up there with Jason Allison's slo-mo one in all time lamest shoot out/penalty shot attempts!

Aside from the Richards goal at the end, Huet looked excellent when he had to be. But the Habs team D is really getting the job done right now.

Guest Low Roller

Two games, two identical goals... It seems that the Habs have a new strategy for their powerplay that doesn't involve blasting it from the point...

Kovalev fires lasers, holy fack what a shot on that goal last night.

You said it buddy. One major concern is on my mind though and I hope we arent seeing a repeat of last season. A wise man once said that these Habs can look like world beaters on one night yet could lose to the Scott Metcalfe-era Kingston Canadiens the next.

Guest Low Roller

Rumour has it, and this was 'confirmed' by RDS, that Jaroslav Halak has asked Gainey to either play him or trade him, otherwise he was going over to the Russian league to play.