Jambands.ca

Go Habs Go - Fan Forum

badams

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Low Roller

Begin has been out with a groin injury for a while now. He's just been cleared to play, and most people figured he would be inserted into the line-up for tonight. I'm guessing that Carbs is just saving him for the playoffs. Don't worry, he'll play again as part of the crash line (Begin/Max/Kosto?) in the first round.

Guest Low Roller

Komisarek out for at least three weeks. Latendresse is out for tonight as well... Streit is back on the blueline (better than Breezer), Begin is back in the line-up, and Smolinski won the coin toss against Dandy, so he's in as well.

Guest Low Roller

So apparently Josh Gorges has been promoted to the top line with Andrei Markov. The other pairs are Hamrlik/Streit and Bouillon/O'Byrne.

Go Habs Go!

Something I don't understand - at the end of the game when the Habs pulled Price, the commentators made some remark about not gaining two points if they had won because they had pulled the goalie with only 1.4 seconds left in overtime. Ummmm... what the hell is that all about? I didn't think there were any restrictions on whne you can pull your goalie?

So, this isn't from an official site or anything, but...

If Team A pulls their goalie during the overtime, and subsequently gives up an empty net goal or loses in the shootout, they lose their 1 point.

If Team A pulls their goalie during the overtime, and subsequently wins in overtime or in the shootout, they receive the full two points.

Back before the 'extra point for losing' it was common for teams to pull their goalie for an extra attacker when the opposing team got that rare penalty in overtime (the one that is so much more prevalent these days). I cannot recall a team pulling their goalie in overtime since then.

Link

So, I guess we both misheard the commentators, or else they didn't state what they meant clearly enough.

Guest Low Roller

Feisty game last night.

O'Byrne needs to become a bigger presence around the net to make up for Komi being injured.

Sergei Kostitsyn is becoming awesome.

Grabs is just not ready for this level yet. He's fast, but he's always losing the puck.