• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Low Roller

Bad: Johnson flu

Worse: Kovalev injured

Worstest: Huet injured

mon_79368.jpg

From what I'm reading Huet, after initial prognosis, is expected to be out of the line-up at least a week with some sort of hamstring injury, and that Jaroslav Halak might getting the call to join Le Grand Club.

Oh, the Habs are looking royally fucked right now and the rumour mill is churning them out like never before. The latest has a locker room fight between Souray and Kovalev with Kovalev getting injured (which is why he has been scratched the past couple of games). Have no fear though, our resident Hab friend is checking his sources to find out the validity of said rumour.

For the record, I dont believe it.

I wouldn't sell the farm yet, Habs fans. There's still lots of season left. If they can string together a few consecutive wins, they'll be back in it. They just have to return to their early season form.

I wish I cold believe that. The problems with this team run deep.

Souray must have beat the shit out of him!

;)

Freak, you are right and DaveO said the same thing to me basically. "Look at Edmonton last year."

I just hate to admit that I am now in Badams boat. I'ld love to see them pull it together but I just dont know where the 5 on 5 scoring is going to come from. Begin should help the PK but the team gave up something like 3 second period PP goals last night.

Guest Low Roller

Halak has been called up to Montreal to replace the injured Huet. Halak is having an incredible year for the Buldogs where he leads the AHL in GAA, tied for 2nd for best SV%, played in the AHL all-star game, and is tied for 1st in shutouts.

5672_3.jpg

Unfortunately they can't replace Kovalev with Hamilton's best forwards because Grabovski is injured and Kostitsyn is back in Belarus where his wife just gave birth.

This could be the big break that Corey Locke has been waiting for!

Guest Low Roller

Although the Habs can't call up either of these guys to the main squad (for now), the Kostitsyn brothers are on a huge roll right now.

Andrei Kostitsyn is on a 9 game point streak where he has 17 points, was named AHL player of the week, and played in the AHL all-star game.

Sergei Kostitsyn is on a 17 game point streak with the London Knights where he has amassed an incredible 50 points. That's fucked up.

Guest Low Roller

Locke be damned... the Habs have called up the Bulldogs leading scorer Duncan Milroy.

Milroy, who has yet to play a game in the National Hockey League, was selected by Montreal in the 2nd round, 37th overall, in the 2001 NHL Entry Draft.

Milroy is the fifth Bulldog to be recalled by the Habs this season, following Andrei Kostitsyn, Maxime Lapierre, Micheal Grabovski, and Jaroslav Halak.