Jambands.ca

Paul Simon Hype Thread!

Birdy

He played a great show in Detroit last night.. you guys are in for a treat! No set list.. i started one but too many beers and an ollie-like smoke break brought it all to an abrupt halt.. but a nice spread for sure. Nice to see people in the Fox up in the aisles dancing and loving it.. even though there's still a few of those fur-hoods who would prefer you weren't having as good as a time as you are having.

i'm so happy i went and caught him this time around. now i know to not miss him again.

speaking of which - parking, since we're going to C'est What I would suggest from Front going north on Church - the first garage on your right (east side) is or at least has always been $5.00 flat rate.

(corner of Front and Church) is Hot House Cafe on the North East side and pizza pizza on the North West side. The garage is right behind Hot House restaurant.

Wow! What a treat last night. Jerry Douglas and Paul Simon in one night. I was in heaven!

Jerry Douglas and his band were on fire. They are so bloody good. I heard him say that he is hoping to return in the Spring with Alison Kraus. Count me in for that one for sure!!!

Paul Simon was also great. Man that little man (I never really realized how short he is) can really sing and dance. He's so eloquent!. His band was ultra talented. Each musician was able to play multiple instruments. And what was it... like four encores? I thought the night was never going to end (and that is not a complaint). Couple of false alarms for me though... I kept thinking the show was over.

The venue is great too. That was my first time seeing a concert there. Great sound, and good sightlines.

Nice to see some of you Skanks outside between Douglas' and Simon's sets. Always a treat!

Oh sweet satisfaction!

What a treat is right!!! It was a night of first for me as well. I was blown away by Jerry Douglas...definately will be checking out more of him and his band. Also it was wild how talented all of the musicians were in Paul Simon ...it was really neat watching the two drummers being so in sync with eachother

Nice to see some of you Skanks outside between Douglas' and Simon's sets. Always a treat!

Ditto! It was nice seeing you again too Sarah!