Jambands.ca

Paul Simon Hype Thread!

Birdy

Is anyone else so stoked to see Paul Simon next week?

I AM! my buddy saw him a week or so ago at the Commodore in Vancouver and said he was amazing.. the band was top notch... and i guess (haven't seen the set list) he played a lot from the Graceland album!

i really can't wait! :)

this will be my first time seeing him.

I'm with you Birdy. This will be my first time seeing him as well. It's great that the show is in a relatively small venue. Should make for a nice intimate evening.

Some of my best fireside memories involve strumming and singing along to good ol' Paul.

Sweet, sweet harmonies...

Yep, with Brian Wilson. Met this one ding-bat during intermission after Wilson played who going home because he had only came to see Brian Wilson. He had never seen Paul Simon. I wanted to push him off the bridge we were standing on and watch him fall and wreck his fancy new Brian Wilson autographed poster. (Nothing against BW, he's great!)

I can't wait! A show review in Relix said he only played 4 songs from the new album and a lot of material from Graceland. The new album is actually really good so I really don't care what he plays.

Maybe someone can clarify, the HOB website said Jerry Douglas is the opening act but I don't recall hearing/reading that anywhere else.

Anyone?

Wow I would put that show in my Top 5 too BB.

I went alone, living in TO at the time. Got a $20 scalper ticket. Walked in to hear Brian Wilson........

And raged by myself on the lawn, sober as a stick. I actually hurt a bit the next day from dancing so hard.

The ol fogeys all around me kept trying to buy me drinks telling me I knew what life was all about.

Facking awesome show.

Sean

Edited by Guest

No post-show for us, and pre-show Todd and I are having dinner with his parents (it's his mom's birthday)... So, unfortunately a little pre-game action is looking slim for us. But if we can make it over to C'est What, we will.

Jerry Douglas and Paul Simon in the same bloody night!!!! I'm feeling all warm and fuzzy!