Jambands.ca

"Blind Melon" to regroup with new singer

Hartamophone

"

but then there is Audioslave... an alamgamation of two of the more popular hard rock bands of the 90's- Rage Against the Machine and Soundgarden. It should rock, but it doesn't.

Good? Bad??

are you serious?....I love Audioslave, especially the first album, I was absolutley addicted to that one for about a year.

Although I have been a little disappointed with the live DVDs I've bought, mainly because Chris Cornells vocals doint have the same kind of power they have on the studio recordings.

I still love the tunes though

are you serious?....I love Audioslave, especially the first album

Me too...that album is loaded with skull-crushing riffs e.g. Show Me How To Live.

Anyway, as for Blind Melon, I'm all for it. That band for me is as much about the instrumentation as the lyrics. The fact that there are most often two distinctly interesting guitar parts happening is awesome. Glenn Graham is a massively underrated drummer, the man is a monster. I would see this group on tour in a second.

BTW Blane...I laughed out loud at "The Melon"...gold.

"

but then there is Audioslave... an alamgamation of two of the more popular hard rock bands of the 90's- Rage Against the Machine and Soundgarden. It should rock' date=' but it doesn't.

Good? Bad??[/quote']

are you serious?....I love Audioslave, especially the first album, I was absolutley addicted to that one for about a year.

Although I have been a little disappointed with the live DVDs I've bought, mainly because Chris Cornells vocals doint have the same kind of power they have on the studio recordings.

I still love the tunes though

Ironically, I was just talking about/trashing Audioslave at length last night with a friend of mine. I was really curious about the band upon hearing of their formation a number of years ago. I like Soundgarden and respected Rage (although I've always hated the band), but combining elements of the two resulted into a band that is boring and overblown thanks specifically to Chris Cornell. I think Tom Morello is an excellent riff master, but one of the most infuriating lead guitarists. He can shove the screeches, scratches and whistles he calls guitar solos down his throat.

Whatever man, you take the good with the bad. He has written some incredible riffs, and I think he still does (though I admit I haven't heard the second and third Audioslave records beyond their hit-and-miss singles). I saw them in Toronto when the first record came out, and they weren't a particularly mind-blowing live band. Not worth the (I think) 50 bucks I paid.

Anyway, Blind Melon. I'm looking forward to this. Sure, the new tunes may turn out shitty. I just want to see those four musicians play together again. Not terribly happy they're calling it Blind Melon, but what can you do. They'd be playing the same music under a different name anyway.

brutal.

i hope they don't do it.

at least not in the name of Blind Melon...if the guys wanna form a new band and call it somehting else, cool , I'll give it a shot but not called Blind Melon.

ditto

and ditto on how the hell do you play any Blind Melon material without someone who has as unique a voice as Shannon Hoon? Anyone trying to sing the Melon catelogue who doesn't sound exactly like Hoon (not just falsetto) will end up cheapening the music to Kareoke levels.