Jambands.ca

Go Leafs Go - Fan Forum

Kanada Kev

I dunno, just getting a bit tired of him. On the way to work I tune into the FAN590 and have to hear him as a "hockey insider" once a week. His personality comes across as simply off-putting. It's not as noticeable in his writing, but I can see it in there more after each time I hear him on the radio :P I could just be a little pissy though ;)

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what's the beef with damien cox all about? i read his stuff daily and don't think he's saying anything all that terrible, if memory serves...

I read Damien on a daily basis and watch him weekly on The Reporters on TSN. My biggest beef with him is that he's too reactionary. If there's a trend that he doesn't like at a particular moment (and that last bit is key), then he wants wholesale changes. He does it all the time. He can be annoyingly shortsighted and infuriating, although I think he's genuinely a good writer, even if I rarely agree with him, re: Ben Rayner. Oh yeah, Damien can shove tennis up his fat ass.

We did' date=' however, enjoy the responses to our suggestion last week that if Sundin doesn't waive his no-trade clause to facilitate a move to a contender, Leafs interim general manager Cliff Fletcher should strip Sundin of his captaincy and make it clear the veteran forward won't be re-signed this summer. [/quote']

That's blooming awful.

It is. And for the record, i dont have a hate-on for Mats, just the team in general and his unwillingness to help. (I know, I know...)

Just finished reading a few articles from the Sun this morning. I am liking Fletcher more and more. He had some good quotes. I like the direction that he is hopefully headed by stating that this club will look dramatically different next year. At least they are going to try and change a few things this summer instead of bringing back the exact same line up like they did last summer. Also liked how he stated like last year, the Leafs are playing well when there is nothing on the line. Call it like it is Cliff. This is a perfect example of Tucker this year. The f*ck has scored more goals in the past few weeks than he has all year. And one more point, I hope the fans boo the hell out of Kubina when they Leafs return home. One win against Ottawa and that changes your mind. Nice douchebag!!!

We'll see if Fletcher is right by not moving Antropov and building a team around him. Personally, I think this is a bad move. Antropov is an old 28, has only 3/4 of a good season under his belt and is injury-prone. And, when his contract expires, he'll be 31 and thus, tougher to trade. Keeping Antropov and picking-up some non first-round picks should not be encouraging for you Leaf fans.

Fletcher will more than likely take the opportunity to exercise his own provisions, guilt free. What would have seemed, for example, a callous move to waive and possibly demote Kubina or Tucker, now looms as a distinct possibility. Buyouts, reduced ice-time, and any other tactic that might achieve the intended result, are all fair game. Cliff wanted to re-arrange this asylum and the inmates wouldn't allow it. So, the gloves are likely to come off.

from howard bergers article

Yes, I agree with those statements. And I also like how Kubina will no longer have the NTC if the Leafs don't make the playoffs this year. Buh bye Pavel. I also thoroughly enjoyed listening to the group of 4 on TSN, rip the Leafs' situation and how bad the contracts are with JFJ sitting at the other desk.

Guest Low Roller

Fuck all the moaning. A NTC is exactly what it is, and everyone should just shut-up about these players not wanting to wave their contractual rights.

If anything JFJ should be the guy taking the brunt of all the abuse.

Antropov has finally started to develop. He is a big body and has some touch. They will need him next year and hopefully he can keep improving. If Fletcher has assessed him as one of the core we need to keep, I trust him. We can't just think about draft picks, we need some players that can actually play. He also comes at a reasonable price.

Fuck all the moaning. A NTC is exactly what it is, and everyone should just shut-up about these players not wanting to wave their contractual rights.

If anything JFJ should be the guy taking the brunt of all the abuse.

JFJ is no longer around to take the abuse. Kubina waived the NTC and then stated he wanted to stay with the team. Give me a break. One win changes his mind. Turn the heat up on these guys, they will get the point.

Guest Low Roller

Fuck the heat. The players have no obligation in this. They have their name on a pretty piece of paper that gives them job security in a volatile marketplace.

The ownership fucked up by handing out NTC like hot cakes and raping their development of prospects in return for stiffs.

Watch MLSE hide like cunning weasels now to let the players take the heat.

Where the hell is Plomox to back me up here? He's been strangely quiet lately.

Not the most exciting game to watch last night at all. They looked really discombobulated, but there were some high points. Jeremy Williams got a nice goal from a feed from Sundin. I saw Williams get a couple of nice goals last weekend when I saw the Marlies. Toskala looked pretty solid too.

Gotta love Sundin for tying it up (and waking me up) with a minute to go. Shootout win and they leap ahead of the Panthers. Better start planning a parade :P