Jambands.ca

Garcia Birthday Bash @ PJC - Final

paisley

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yo all y'all! Just rolled back in from Las Vegas... about 100 in blackjack losses, 10 on keno, 15 on the slots... but what the hell, I got to see the Liberace Museum and the classic French burlesque show La Femme (my wife's idea... ah how I love that woman!) among many other fun things. At any rate, I'm more than ready to take on the best you Hammer Heads have to offer tonight for The Man's big day.

Don't know exactly when we'll be there but it'll likely be in time for dinner – bouche, last time I had one of the pizzas and it was outstanding!

Seeya all in a few hours! [big Grin][big Grin][big Grin]

Peace,

Mr. M.

Hey Now!!!

I am ready to Give'r....anyone want to have a few(many) cold grogs this afternoon and some kind?

Lets hook up.....first person I meet up with today gets :

06-28-69 Veterans Auditorium, Santa Rosa, Ca.

Slewfoot, Silver Threads, Mama Tried, Doin That Rag> High Time, King Bee, Top Of The World, Lovelight

and

09-20-70 Fillmore East, New York, N.Y.

Acoustic: Uncle John, Deep Elem, FOTD, Big RxR Blues, Dark Hollow, Ripple, To Lay Me Down, Truckin, Rosalie McFall, Cumberland, New Speedway, Brokedown

Electric: Casey Jones, China Cat> I Know You Rider, Candyman, Top Of The World, Good Lovin, Big Boy Pete, Me & My Uncle, Easy Wind, Sugar Magnolia, Attics

Missing : Mama Tried, NFA> Caution> Feedback> We Bid You Goodnight.

acoustic set with David Grisman and David Nelson on mandolin - "GDTRFB" jam druing "NFA" - billing: GD; NRPS

Lets Give'r

damn i had a good time last night except for the fact that i got there late and could of sat in with the huxes. Nice to see you guys again, i had a blast. Rory spun a great selection last night, had me groovin all night. I think the music went til 4am [Eek!]

Anyone gonna head out to frontier if the rain lets up.

We're thinking about Frontier. It's definitely dependant on the weather though. I haven't slept yet so, it's conceivable that I will fall asleep in the near future and not wake up until Sunday!

That was a great night! Thanks for all the good times!

Love and peace!

Hey that's not a bad idea... I might be able to get folks to reconsider if there's a cabin or two up for grabs.

jay, have you talked to Rick yet? Do you have his number?

And hey, if you and your crew are going, up for a little semi-impromptu jam in the Saloon? I was talking to Mark last night and he said he'd have likely a small board and his guitar up there.

- M.

Great fun last night, good to see PJC nicely busy with lots of friendly faces. My head hurts an awful lot today, I may have overdone it a wee bit last night. So if I leaned on you, leered at you, or spaced out hard before your very eyes, my apologies. [Wink]

With the bands, videos, and Rory spinning late, this was the best "Jerry" party I've attended. I always dig hearing Rory spin and he's such a cool guy too; if you get the chance, ask him about his travels, he's very gracious with sharing his experiences and ambitions. Thought the altar-like shrine to Jerry was a bit weird (so that's what the candles were for) but whatever. As corny as it may sound (it shouldn't though), it felt real good to shake one down for Jerry and take some time to reflect on the many wonderful ways he altered my life. I mean, here I am in a great place with wonderful people listening to some of the finest music produced in the 20th century.

A great night. Hope everyone got home safely! And how great is Ken and Pepper Jack's? He knows how to make people feel at home, despite the occasional amount of static he gets as a businessperson. Secondtube, you rock bro!

(oh yeah, so far at "IT": AC/DC, Yamar [20 min], Runaway Jim, Reba, Birds, Meatstick, 2 Versions of Me, Vultures, Limb x Limb...)

Archived