Jambands.ca

Pricebashing

Velvet

I'm really uncomfortable with the name-your-own-price thing; I really want to select (and scope out) a hotel first, then decide if/whether I want it; I'm really particular when it comes to things like location and facilities (esp. breakfast). Buying blind kind of scares me, especially because Velvet, phorbesie and I are trying to co-ordinate our stays, and Velvet got a certain hotel, but I'm not sure I'll get the same one (especially because I'm staying longer: Friday night through Monday night vs. Sunday/Monday night).

I'm at the point where it's asking me for my credit card info, after which I can click on the "buy" button. Somebody please tell me to go for it.

Aloha,

Brad

By the way, here is the downtown hotel list for Priceline by star level:

Toronto (Downtown)

4* Hilton Toronto

4* Inter-Continental (on Bloor)

4* Inter-Continental (on Front Street West) (previously 3*)

4* Le Royal Meridien King Edward

4* Metropolitan Hotel

4* Pantages Hotel

4* Sheraton

4* Sutton Place

4* Westin Harbour Castle

3* Courtyard by Marriott

3* Delta Chelsea

3* Marriott Bloor Yorkville

3* Marriott Toronto Eaton Centre

3* Radisson Admiral Harbourfront

3* Renaissance

3* Strathcona

This sucks. I got in at the Crowne Plaza Don Valley, which is at f*cking 1250 Eglinton Ave. East, which is nowhere close to downtown. (I did it using 3* for US$54.00.) I'm seriously contemplating eating the charge and booking at Travelodge.

How is that downtown?

images%5Czonemaps%5C3709.gif

Are you sure you selected 'Downtown' and not the option right above 'Don Valley'?

If there is a way to appeal, I think you have excellent grounds. The map I posted shows their 'Don Valley' area, and your hotel is right in the middle.

Sorry it worked out that way dude. They need a lesson.

AD

Fug. Thanks, AD. I don't know how it happened, but I guess the system thought I had specified "Don Valley" when I'm sure I specified "Downtown." I just got off the phone with Priceline, and they cancelled the reservation, at a charge of $100 ($25/night). If I re-enter the request, I can get $75 of that back. I'm not sure if I will or not. (I've booked with Travelodge, but I can cancel that right up to Friday, Dec. 1.)

Aloha,

Brad