Jambands.ca

Forgiveness

loco

To keep old wounds open is pure drama, to try and heal them is worthy of applause. If you cannot forgive someone and keep the wound open through conversation, thought, emotion, lack of connection, you are creating drama. Why do some wish to keep old wounds open and fresh, does it give them a false sense of power? Are they lacking something deep in their own lives? What are your thoughts of this Jambands.ca? Your ideas will go towards a very useful and insightful book.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Possibly looking for deeper meaning and substance connected to a more profound existence is 'crazy talk', but I have viewed this site for some time and have noticed a huge amount of empathy, concern, amongst other conscious emotions and thought this would be a place for deeper discussion. Possibly my judgment was wrong, but I do feel this board is a good place of insight. I am curious as to your insights of the emotion we call forgiveness.

if someone hurts you...and you don't forgive them (after awhile i mean, eventually) i think it makes you feel that you retain power over them in a way. withholding forgiveness is like you have the upper hand or something, you are in control in the relationship. when really you are not in control at all, you just want to feel like you have some control. you don't realize that this is the case, but i think deep down that is probably what is going on.

Interesting comment KatLady. I am curious though, when we 'give up' and still hold onto resentment, aren't we giving the other power over us by not seeking the 'higher' emotion called forgiveness? I do find most individuals feel the same way you do though.

It just depends on your sense of self-respect, sometimes. Sentimentality can be overvalued, sometimes it's best to just move forward and not look back. Whether that's an ego trip or power play, I'm not so sure. Partially so, but then so is being an emotional leech.

I am researching the higher sentient emotions of Forgiveness and how it is related to our sense of self worth. A good friend of mine, a 'deadhead', referred me to this site as well as a few others to what he called "gain insight into the fabric of humanity through those who truly care". I can discuss more of the book later on.

Interesting comment KatLady. I am curious though, when we 'give up' and still hold onto resentment, aren't we giving the other power over us by not seeking the 'higher' emotion called forgiveness? I do find most individuals feel the same way you do though.

Are you talking about Jebus?? Cause I don't jive that way man.

Seriously though, I find it harder to forgive people who knowingly hurt you or cause you troubles.

Not a problem. It appears as though this group is a half and half group. I don't wish to steal any philosophies from anyone, just a simple discussion and ideas to hear the voices of those dubbed to be concerned about the true value of humanity. If this appears as a threat, then I thank you all for the comments you have made thus far and will move on my way.

thank you all

Caroline Loco