Jambands.ca

moe.'s glory years?

The Chameleon

Moe.2_AM_416.jpg

Hey y'all

Intersested to know what you guys think are moe.'s best years?

I have seen them 10 times or so. mostly in the late 90's to early 2000's and I am curently listening to a 1998 show that is smokin'.

I am leaning towards thinking that like Phish they're best years (so far) are 1998/1999.

I've seen them a bit here and there in 2005/2006 mostly a festivals for a few songs and they didn't blow me away like before. But maybe it's just the venue.

How are the 2006 shows, those of you who have been to Chicage recently...

P.S. what wa the last album they released? Been a while, no?

Never been dissapointed with a moe. show. They're not shy of the jams, and always look like they're having tons of fun. I guess In my opinion, the past several years since the Wormwood release have been most solid.

Realllllly looking forward to seeing them on New Years in NYC. One month from tommorow...hell yeah.

Anyone else hittin this up?

Cheers

Steph

The best moe. show I saw was 7.11.98. To this day it might be the best concert I've ever witnessed. It was a real eye opener for me and I've loved moe. ever since. The venue was a small theatre right above an art gallery. No Doy was just released and they were still developing their following. But those in attendance witnessed one of the highlights of my concert going career.

In fact moe. references this show right before the encore on 7.18.98 (Warts and All 4) and mention that we were one of the loudest/best crowds they have played to. Thats simply because the show was off the hook. So for me, I liked moe. the best when they were a four piece back in 1998.

07/11/98 7th House, Pontiac, MI

Set I: Head, Spine Of A Dog, She Sends Me, Backwoods, Nebraska, Akimbo, Time Again, Mexico

Set II: St. Augustine, Big World> Meat> Telstar> Meat, Water, Don't Fuck With Flo> Fire> I Know You Rider, Letter Home, Rebubula

Encore: Brent Black

the setlist might not look like much but it blew my mind

I think they are a great band. The bonnaroo set was good but not as good as the shows the other shows I witnessed this year. My favorite show this year and the most enjoyable moe. show I saw was there Central Park performance. I too am attending the New Years show in New York and can't wait.

cheers,

Jake

07/11/98 7th House, Pontiac, MI

Set I: Head, Spine Of A Dog, She Sends Me, Backwoods, Nebraska, Akimbo, Time Again, Mexico

Set II: St. Augustine, Big World> Meat> Telstar> Meat, Water, Don't Fuck With Flo> Fire> I Know You Rider, Letter Home, Rebubula

Encore: Brent Black

I found two sources for that one: an audience source, and a soundboard source (there's patch in the aud source from the sbd source).

Aloha,

Brad

I've seen moe every year since '98 and have to agree with Swan - there was a real electric energy and 'newness' back then. That 7th house show is the best club show I've ever seen by any band.

I'm a big fan of moe with only one drummer. It greatly increases their dynamic range. Rather than the unwavering wash of sound the percussionist adds, the band is free to bounce around from really heavy to really light within the same song/jam.

Maybe its the power of the zeitgeist - I think Phish was peaking at the same time.