Jambands.ca

Buddy Cage's take on S.C.I

Esau.

Curious that 'chops' come up...SCI have 'chops'.

I don't think THAT is the issue.

SCI will not be remembered as an important musical group. Popular maybe. Successful, definitely. Amazing? well i am sure lots of people are amazed at Cheese shows.

I hope they prove me wrong.

I still wish I could have done what they do.

I'm just commenting on the linked article, not the above argument...

I love how so many of the musicians response to "Name one band which will take it to the next level in 2007?" is to name themselves. ha.

Jason Collett gave Al Tuck a shoutout - nice.

Who is Dr. Dog?

He sounds old and grumpy - maybe a bit disillusioned. (That said, I love the NRPS)

But I do think it's really cool that he jams with Burt Neilson

Burt Neilson and I are still here beatin' down your door. New, younger fans drop in all the time and I ove it! Heard a NRPS song from home, from their parents or aunts & uncles and so on.

The easy answer is that SCI, RatDog, Buddy Cage and New Riders of the Purple Sage are largely irrelevant now and will probably be as irrelevant next year. Unless any of them are polled on who will be relevant in 2008 when they'll likely respond with their own bands.

the next question they asked Laughing Boy Buddy was, "Name one band which will take it to the next level in 2007".

His answer?

New Riders of The Purple Sage.

Buddy needs his afternoon nap.

Seriously!?! Well that certainly does put things in perspective NRPS are way done, in the big picture.

Edited by Guest

I'd have to say I completely concur with Buddy's assessment but then also that obviously it's sour grapes at not riding the Dead gravy train.

I hadn't noticed that Collett on Tuck comment nice! I had a talk with Julie Doiron and her band the other day about Al and they really felt he doesn't want to go any further than he has. That guy is a riddle wrapped in an enigma wrapped in a drunk.