Jambands.ca

Looking for Talent...

can-o-phish

Okay, so here's the deal...

You - Focussed female musician who has original material written with more in the works but needs a "break" when it comes to studio expenses...if you have a band/ensemble great, if you're solo, fine as well...website in place to begin adding audio/video to...

Me - Engineer with access to multiple studios equipped with the finest gear including Pro Tools HD Accel 3, Analog mastering if needed/wanted, massive collection of great mics, grand piano in one of the studios...blah blah blah...

I'm looking for one person to help with their career but they must be serious as I'll be giving my time and devotion free of charge...

Musically I've always had a huge place in my soul for female artists...some of my favs are Beth Orton, Dar Williams, Aimee Mann, Norah Jones, Tristan Prettyman, Ani DiFranco, Lisa Germano and the list goes on & on...

So if you'd like to get some material recorded in the new year, fire off a PM and we'll take it from there...

Happy Holidays!!! :)

PS - If you love coffee, even better!!! ;)

No slag against Shelby. I'd recommend Tiiu Milistver. Deeps from What The Thunder Said and Brooks are working with her on her solo stuff lately. Prolific songwriter. Seems like with the right push she could do something on an almost Jenny Whitely scale.

www.tiiumillistver.com

www.myspace.com/tiiumillistver

No slag against Shelby. I'd recommend Tiiu Milistver. Deeps from What The Thunder Said and Brooks are working with her on her solo stuff lately. Prolific songwriter. Seems like with the right push she could do something on an almost Jenny Whitely scale.

www.tiiumillistver.com

www.myspace.com/tiiumillistver

Tiiu is great, I've just signed on to play drums with her. Deeps is playing bass and Brooks is playing guitar and pedal steel. We're playing her EP Release at E-bar in Guelph on January 16.

just sent off a note to Hunter Eves mentioning your objectives as well... known her nearly a decade and can vouch for her focus, talent and commitment

songs on myspace are recorded about 3 years back with her former band at Catherine North in Hamilton by Dan Anchen... personally like her solo stuff best for its intensity... brilliant/unique writer, gorgeous voice, smokin keyboard skillz

www.myspace.com/huntereves

www.huntereves.com (buildin the site herself, which I fully support... content control... though I look forward to sittin down to have a website grok with her someday soon)

cheers, awesome to hear about your philanthropic aspirations... love having projects on the go that I care deeply about (think the world needs more of that sorta thing)... this year is about getting my financial house in order for me so I have more freedom in that direction

I've seen all three recommended perform... I'd go with Hunter Eves.

Shelby - great voice, agreed. Saw Tiiu this summer, I think has a ton of potential but she's got a ways to go yet. Hunter Eves I would vouch would be the most ready for this opportunity. She has incredibly unique songs, a killer voice and ability on keys as well as a crazy charismatic personality.

Just my 2 cents.

Again, thanks for all the suggestions and artist sugestions. My hope is to find someone who has material but hasn't had the opportunity to record and could use a break.

So if you know of anyone who you think this would be a great opportunity for, point them to this post. It's up to them to get in touch if they're interested as it will give me an idea/indication of their seriousness and committment ;)