Jambands.ca

nero! nero! nero!

Ms.Huxtable

I love the band nero, the music that they make, and the great people that I've met via the band and their music.

As much as I'd love to be in Ottawa this upcoming weekend, it just isn't going to happen for me.

Here are a few memories:

1. Jay McConnery is the first person who I ever met online and then in person. I first met him and the rest of the band on Saturday May 19, 2001 at the Come Together Music Festival. They played an early afternoon set, and I was impressed. If memory serves me correctly, they had to head back to Ottawa to play a show later on that night.

2. I was excited to have them play at the Jambands.ca Fall Music Fest on Friday Sept. 21. They barely made it on time, as their was a huge thunderstorm that night that slowed them down. I remember telling Tungsten Gruvsten how excited I was about this band, and I remember how stoked he was about this band after hearing them.

3. The Phil Lesh afterparty in Toronto at the Comfort Zone ... the energy was through the roof.

4. The SOON shows and recording ... I didn't make it to Brantford, but the Kitchener and Chatham shows were awesome ... the band was on fire at that time. I'm so glad that this run of shows was recorded and that SOON was released from it. It was such a thrill to be a part of that experience. Does anybody else remember the ice storm that happened during that weekend? My school was actually shut down on the day of the Kitchener show (Do I ever know how to pick a day for a show!) and I remember driving to Chatham with Tigger the next day and watching a sheet of ice fly off of a vehicle in front of us and crash right across our windshield!

5. A show at the Rivoli, I don't remember the date, when the guy next to me who I didn't know and who had never seen the band, turned to me and said "Wow, that guy reminds me of Hendrix."

6. My son Nyell helping the guys bring their gear into my basement so that they could practice. I still smile and get warm inside thinking of that moment.

7. The band playing at my highschool in the music room, as the kids in the room sat and watched without saying a word or moving a muscle.

8. Opening for moe. in Toronto and Ottawa. What a huge thrill!

Have a blast this weekend everybody, please share your stories, your photos, and dance your asses off!

Peace, Mark

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic