Jambands.ca

nero! nero! nero!

Ms.Huxtable

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I still love best of all, nero's performance when they opened for moe. at The Phoenix. I believe it was near the time when nero called it quits. Sure the hard-core nero fans have said that they've had better nights, but for me, nero was better than their headliners and had finally reached their zenith as an innovative rock-instrumental power-trio.

sound man seemed to have it in for the band as openers at that moe gig... but that was definately one of the many phases of nero at the top of their game, they played fantastically if you were close enough to hear

so many favorites... my first show made an instant fan of me at ghost town in 2002

the tears in Sloth's eyes on the last night of the last run said it all

Edited by Guest
needed more coffee

was pretty muddy at the back, remember feeling pretty upset until I got up close... my friends seeing them for the first time from up on the balcony were pretty unimpressed

again, it was an amazing performance

I agree. I spent most of the show on the balcony and wasn't impressed with the sound. But then again, aside from DBT I can't say I've seen too many shows at The Phoenix I actually thought sounded good.

But the recording of the nero set sounds great though.

Has anybody in Ottawa seen or heard from Whitey lately? (I'm assuming the jambands.ca user "Whitey" is not Ottawa's Whitey.) I ask because I don't think he's well connected, and actually missed one of the November, 2004 Dekcuf shows because he simply hadn't heard about them. It would truly be a shame if he didn't know about next weekend.

Aloha,

Brad

I don't know how to get in contact with him, so I'm hoping that getting the word out to those who do (or those who know those who do) will suffice. mattm's going to check with Chris (the taper) tonight, but the more avenues that get explored, the better.

Aloha,

Brad

I loved seeing the boyzz late nite in the tent at evolve.. what year was that?? that was when i got to hear velvet and his guitar abilities as well... in the morning.. ya that was really cool!! You boyzzzz are wonderful folk.. ya.. I miss our late nite rap sessions guys.. have fun next weekend.. ALL THE BEST,,Mark C.

what's keeping you from Ottawa Mark? Giddy-up buddy!!! R and fuckin' R in Ottawa!

Ya gonna have to miss it brother.. thats Mark Wilson and my birthday weekend shows.. being all old and tradition and shit it happens when it happens.. maybe someone could call me on a cell phone while we're playing and i'll hold it up to a mike for those of us who can't make it..

what's keeping you from Ottawa Mark? Giddy-up buddy!!! R and fuckin' R in Ottawa!

Ya gonna have to miss it brother.. thats Mark Wilson and my birthday weekend shows.. being all old and tradition and shit it happens when it happens.. maybe someone could call me on a cell phone while we're playing and i'll hold it up to a mike for those of us who can't make it..

sry...I didnt' connect the dates. I understand old-timer ;)

295687334_799af29397.jpg