Jambands.ca

Lead Paint, Delicious but Deadly!!

Cully

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Homer: [writing "939" on his hand] I hate this new area code. Like I don't have enough to remember already. [looks at his other hand, which has "Lenny = white, Carl = black" written on it] Is that right? Don't you miss the old 636 ... [consults hand] ... Carl?

Carl: I'm not sure which one's better. The "6" is closer to the "3", so you got convenience there, but the "9" has less to do with Satan, which is a plus in this religious world of ours.

Homer: What really burns me up is they didn't give us one word of warning.

Carl: What do you mean? They ran those TV commercials about it, and that big radio campaign.

Lenny: Don't forget the leaflets they dropped from the Space Shuttle, and the two weeks we all spent at area code camp.

Homer: Not a single word of warning.

Homer describes his sugar-selling success to Marge.

Homer: And you didn't think I'd make any money. I found a dollar while I was waiting for the bus.

Marge: While you were out "earning" that dollar, you lost forty dollars by not going to work. The plant called and said if you don't come in tomorrow, don't bother coming in Monday.

Homer: Woo hoo! Four-day weekend.

(homer only makes $40/day for being a nuclear saftey inspector???)

Chalmers: Seymour!

Skinner: Superintendent; I was just, uh, just stretching my calves on the windowsill. Isometric exercise. Care to join me?

Chalmers: Why is there smoke coming out of your oven, Seymour?

Skinner: Uh, oh, that isn't smoke, it's steam. Steam from the steamed clams we're having. [rubs stomach] Mmm -- steamed clams.

-----

Skinner: Superintendent, I hope you're ready for mouth-watering hamburgers.

Chalmers: I thought we were having steamed clams.

Skinner: Oh, no, I said, "steamed hams." That's what I call hamburgers.

Chalmers: You call hamburgers steamed hams.

Skinner: Yes, it's a regional dialect.

Chalmers: Uh-huh. What region?

Skinner: Uh, upstate New York.

Chalmers: Really. Well, I'm from Utica and I never heard anyone use the phrase, "steamed hams."

Skinner: Oh, not in Utica, no; it's an Albany expression.

Chalmers: I see.

------

Chalmers: You know, these hamburgers are quite similar to the ones the have at Krusty Burger.

Skinner: [laughs] Oh, no, patented Skinner burgers. Old family recipe.

Chalmers: For steamed hams.

Skinner: Yes.

Chalmers: Yes, and you call them steamed hams despite the fact that they are obviously grilled. [shows Skinner the grill marks]

Skinner: Uh ... you know ... one thing I sh-- ... 'scuse me for one second.

Chalmers: Of course.

------

Skinner: [faking a yawn] Well, that was wonderful. Good time was had by all. I'm pooped.

Chalmers: Yes, I guess I should be -- Good Lord, what is happening in there?

Skinner: Aurora Borealis?

Chalmers: Aurora Borealis? At this time of year? A this time of day? In this part of the country? Localized entirely within your kitchen?

Skinner: Yes.

Chalmers: May I see it?

Skinner: Oh, erm... No.

• 2 weeks later...

rgraphics2.gif

Hi, I'm Troy McClure. You may remember me from such nature films as "Earwigs, Ew!", and "Man Versus Nature: The Road to Victory". In all the animal kingdom, no mother is more devoted than the blue jay. Valuing her eggs above even her own life, the mother bird regularly fights off such fearsome predators as the badger and the mongoose.