Jambands.ca

It's official: Myers to play Moon

Jaimoe

Roger Daltrey held a press conference confirming Mike Myers as the lead in the Keith Moon bio-pic. Moon is my favourite rock star/drummer of all time, so I hope Myers can pull it off. Myers is too old to play a young Moon (and Moon looked really youthful throughout the 60's), but he could play him from the 1973-78 era - not many rockers aged worse or let themselves go as quickly as Keith. Best of luck Roger (who is producing the film). Incidently, Keith and Roger never got along. Pete and Keith were great friends.

I wonder if something like Thirty Two Short Films About Glenn Gould would work for this project: you don't present a continual start-to-finish narrative with one actor portraying Moon, but instead have a set of disconnected episodes from Moon's life, with Moon portrayed by an actor appropriate to each episode.

Aloha,

Brad

That's how they're doing the Bob Dylan Bio-pic.

This will certainly be a big hit if Myers is involved. It is hillarious that Daltery is producing the film, especially if he and Moon didn't get a long...I wonder who is going to play him?

Too bad Bjore Salming is too old.

Who has the nose to play Townshend?

There's also casting possibilities with Keith's former drinking pals Harry Nilsson, Ringo Star and Graham Chapman.