Jambands.ca

Bonnaroo 2007

NewRider

I'm not sure if this was posted at all so don't open fire on me if it was.

from Wikipedia.org

[blurb]

Late Sunday night (1/6/07), an initial lineup announcement apparently leaked onto the internet. The lineup included Bob Dylan, Trey Anastasio, Tom Waits, Gov't Mule, Norah Jones, Pearl Jam, Ben Harper, My Morning Jacket, Arcade Fire, Modest Mouse, Yo La Tengo, The Decemberists, The Shins, The Roots, John Butler Trio, M. Ward, Band of Horses, Tea Leaf Green, the Hold Steady, TV on the Radio, Lily Allen, Cut Chemist, Grizzly Bear, Cold War Kids, Man Man, The Slip, Girl Talk, and Isis (band). More artist announcments are expected in the coming weeks.[/blurb]

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I truly hope that that line up is true cause there are a bunch of bands i would reaaaally like to see on there...

M. Ward

TV on the Radio

Cold War Kids

The Hold Steady

Yo LA Tengo

The Slip

Pearl Jam

MMJ

Mule

Grizzly Bear

Band of Horses

Dylan

The Red Junkie

It just keeps going on and on and getting more indie by the day... very interesting look!

that line up blows.

Well that's close to Pride weekend and there's always DJ's in town for that so this year you can save the gas money and use it on GHB and crystal meth. Then with the money you saved on the ticket you can have your teeth that are now falling out from your jib habit and have them replaced. Turn that ugly frown upside down DimaFake!

I don't know where the disappointment comes from either. Looks like a great festival line-up to me. Do people really need to hear Bobby crank out a shitty "One More Satuday Night" AGAIN?!?! I seriously thought that people would be selling their souls and first born children because of The Slip.

I know last year I was pretty shocked at the line-up. It seems Superfly have decided to shed the title of the "jamband" festival. Good on them! There's great diversity in their line-up that is reminicent of the early Lollapalooza's. I'm impressed with the line-up and willing to bet that Kings Of Leon, Drive-By Truckers and Lucinda Williams will be added.

all i'm sayin is that bonnaroo is a place i go to do some grade a partying, and there is nothing on that line that gets me want to go bust out my kneedles and vials.

Bob Dylan: i saw this 3 years ago and it was the worst set of music i've ever seen at bonnaroo.

Trey Anastasio: absolute garbage. you know. i know it. trey knows it.

Tom Waits: respect.

Gov't Mule: who cares man.

Norah Jones: hey newrider, maybe if we both go, we can hold hands during this soft angels set in the steaming hot sun...fak that.

Pearl Jam: this could be an intresting headliner.

Ben Harper: what a waste of the main stage.

My Morning Jacket: enough already with these bastards.

Arcade Fire: 3 years ago called, it wants their fad back.

Modest Mouse: meh...been there.

Yo La Tengo: i'm not a pretentious music snob...so i don't really give a shit.

The Decemberists: nice...but a tad predictable.

The Shins: fart.

The Roots: can we start getting some real, non white friendly hip hop already?? i'm sick and tired of these guys....

and the rest can totally suck my balls...especially teal leaf green and the slip.

John Butler Trio: M. Ward, Band of Horses, Tea Leaf Green, the Hold Steady, TV on the Radio, Lily Allen, Cut Chemist, Grizzly Bear, Cold War Kids, Man Man, The Slip, Girl Talk, and Isis

Pearl Jam hasn't done anything I've wanted to listen to since No Code and even that I can't listen to anymore. All of their recordings are just loud distortion drowning out the vocals. I saw them live and it was a lot of fun when I was 18. It's true they never sold out like all the other grunge bands, but they never did anything good after the grunge scene ended either.

At least it's only been a couple of years since Trey was kicking ass.

all i'm sayin is that bonnaroo is a place i go to do some grade a partying, and there is nothing on that line that gets me want to go bust out my kneedles and vials.

Bob Dylan: i saw this 3 years ago and it was the worst set of music i've ever seen at bonnaroo.

- you're an idiot!

Trey Anastasio: absolute garbage. you know. i know it. trey knows it.

- agreed!

Tom Waits: respect.

-agreed!

Gov't Mule: who cares man.

- you're an idiot!

Norah Jones: hey newrider, maybe if we both go, we can hold hands during this soft angels set in the steaming hot sun...fak that.

- if your hands aren't too busy trying to put on a glowstick show for me, we're game!

Pearl Jam: this could be an intresting headliner.

- agreed!

Ben Harper: what a waste of the main stage.

- WRONG! a COMPLETE waste!

My Morning Jacket: enough already with these bastards.

- you're a bigger idiot then I could ever have imagined

Arcade Fire: 3 years ago called, it wants their fad back.

- this was a fad in the 80's when Talking Heads made the same fucking music... it's not new, just so ya know!

Modest Mouse: meh...been there.

- Congratulations!

Yo La Tengo: i'm not a pretentious music snob...so i don't really give a shit.

- You're NOT a pretentious music snob but Arcade Fire is too "three years ago" for ya? RIGHT!

The Decemberists: nice...but a tad predictable.

- DUH!

The Shins: fart.

- fucking dumb-ass comment.

The Roots: can we start getting some real, non white friendly hip hop already?? i'm sick and tired of these guys....

- I agree with every word of that statement!

and the rest can totally suck my balls...especially teal leaf green and the slip.

agreed!

John Butler Trio: M. Ward, Band of Horses, Tea Leaf Green, the Hold Steady, TV on the Radio, Lily Allen, Cut Chemist, Grizzly Bear, Cold War Kids, Man Man, The Slip, Girl Talk, and Isis

- Band of Horses are fucking great, I can't WAIT to see them live, TV on the Radio I just don't get yet. Lily Allen I've heard GREAT things about, Cold War Kids are my favorite "new" band.

Dima,

once again you have shown us just how ignorant you really are!

Sorry that moe isn't playing....

Cully, why must I have to bring you up to speed. Dima is no longer into Moe. they are like "so three years ago". Now the hip thing is raves, the house beats, being able to put on a wicked awesome glowstick show for your friends while on jib and mack on underage girls overdosing on rolls!