Jambands.ca

Bonnaroo 2007

NewRider

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

all i'm sayin is that bonnaroo is a place i go to do some grade a partying, and there is nothing on that line that gets me want to go bust out my kneedles and vials.

Bob Dylan: i saw this 3 years ago and it was the worst set of music i've ever seen at bonnaroo.

Trey Anastasio: absolute garbage. you know. i know it. trey knows it.

Tom Waits: respect.

Gov't Mule: who cares man.

Norah Jones: hey newrider, maybe if we both go, we can hold hands during this soft angels set in the steaming hot sun...fak that.

Pearl Jam: this could be an intresting headliner.

Ben Harper: what a waste of the main stage.

My Morning Jacket: enough already with these bastards.

Arcade Fire: 3 years ago called, it wants their fad back.

Modest Mouse: meh...been there.

Yo La Tengo: i'm not a pretentious music snob...so i don't really give a shit.

The Decemberists: nice...but a tad predictable.

The Shins: fart.

The Roots: can we start getting some real, non white friendly hip hop already?? i'm sick and tired of these guys....

and the rest can totally suck my balls...especially teal leaf green and the slip.

John Butler Trio: M. Ward, Band of Horses, Tea Leaf Green, the Hold Steady, TV on the Radio, Lily Allen, Cut Chemist, Grizzly Bear, Cold War Kids, Man Man, The Slip, Girl Talk, and Isis

good thing you aren't trying to make a career out of being a concert promoter! ;)

- - - - - - - - - - - - - -

[color:red]Hey, was it already posted that SuperFly is BUYING the property? They'll be installing permanent structures, and electrical grid, holding other events at the site.

This whole tread is too much.

I like the facvt tha people are calling moe. "so last year" and that house music raves are so "now".

Are you people all on crack!

moe. has been a band since the late 80's/early 90's (sorry if you just found out!) and house music has been in exisitance since the early 80's and raves!!!!

Please! there are no more raves. There has no been a bonified rave in Toronto since 1999 and even then it was on the decline. Sorry if you missed it. The heyday for raves was 1992-1998. What ytou are going to are clubs or concerts with DJs...big difference.

Man. If you are gonna call something passe, make sure you know what you are talking about.

P.S. I also agree that this line up does not really excite me and the prevelance of so called "indie alt/rock" bands is not to my taste at all. As someone said far too predictable.

Edited by Guest

There's a few acts on the bill that tweak my attention, but I'd have to see a couple more enticing acts to really consider going again (e.g. DBT). I went the last two years, and had a blast both times. I don't mind the indie mix, I like the diversity, but I hope they don't tip the scale too much the other way...

all i'm saying is its not a very exciting on any end of the music spectrum....

also,

chameleon...just cuz you're in a band that uses shitty star wars effects and has a fast drummer doesnt mean you should cram your knowledge of electronica down everyones throats... shut up already.... obviously everyone knows that the rave scene is a thing of the past...its a figure of speech and a joke...