Jambands.ca

Phish at the top of thier game

The Chameleon

I was just listening to this show. It is truly an amazing display of Phish at the top of their game. Before the drama, the hiatus and the hard drugs.

I was at this show and was blown away then and today I still am..

Phish: 12/11/97 Rochester War Memorial, N.Y.

Thursday, December 11, 1997

Rochester War Memorial, Rochester, NY

Set I: Punch You in the Eye > Down with Disease -> Maze, Dirt, Limb by Limb, Loving Cup, Rocky Top

Set II: Drowned -> Roses Are Free -> Big Black Furry Creature from Mars > Ghost -> Down with Disease -> Johnny B. Goode

Encore: Waste

Show Notes: This show marked the debut of Roses Are Free, which segued out of an amazing Drowned, as well as a hot Disease. BBFCFM (first since August 6, 1996, or 118 shows) featured teases of Black Sabbath's Electric Funeral. Video footage from this show appeared in Bittersweet Motel.

The Detroit show is still one of the highlight's of all of the Phish shows I was at (it helps that I was front row)...I am still kicking myself for not making it a run. I had a group of friends who went through all the way until the Albany shows. 1997 is my personal favorite era of Phish...

We may have been sitting beside eachother. We were front row for this one too!

Jennifer Dances is one of the worst songs Phish ever attempted and that Rochester 1999 show was one of the worst Phish shows I have ever seen.

But out of the 75 shows, I did see that is the only one that was obviously terrible, although the second set from Albany with original member Jeff Holdsworth was a total train wreck. Not to bad an average all in all.