Jambands.ca

Trans Siberian Railway

afro poppa

So, I was thinking of taking the trans sib as a good way to get from southeast asia/china to europe...although I am not too sure where to start to look for trips and all that

There are a bunch of websites but they all seem kinda complicated...anyone ever taken the trek along the longest railway in the world before?

My friend told me I could take it from Tokyo (which would work out perfectly) but I can't seem to find that as a stop...can anyone help me out? Thanks..

btw - Hong Kong is freaking awsome, such great people...no music (yet) but I am planning a plane trip to europe in march for some DSO tour and Jam in the dam.....also, for those who have been to HK before, lan kwai fong is the shit

The furthest east that it goes is to Vladivostok (sp). It would be an amazing journey!! I've been thinking about doing it myself. I've got a really good book on it called The Trans Siberian Handbook.. Check it out.

You have to be well organized to do this trip, cuz of strict visa regulations in Russia and thereabouts. Basically you have to have your itinerary organized and settled well before you leave and all your paper work in order.

Here's the definitive site to see: http://www.seat61.com/Trans-Siberian.htm

• 2 months later...

Hey!

About the trans-sib...

I'm doing it this summer and going with a rowdy group called the vodka train. You aren't stuck with a lame group and set activities- they just hook you up with your visa requirements and a local contact in each town.

Here's a website with one guy's experience: http://www.theworldisnotflat.com/vodka_train

Good luck! it's an awesome trip.

-A