Jambands.ca

Bad news re: NHL schedule

dave-O

From TSN.ca:

"A plan to switch back to the schedule the leagues used prior to the lockout, featuring six divisional games and 18 games against the other conference, received 19 of 30 votes. A two-thirds majority, or 20 votes, was needed to make the change."

Who are the fucking holdouts! This is ridiculous. People want to see more teams, not less. The rivalries have not gotten better, they've been diluted. Does the NHL want to make use of it's young Star Power or not? No Crosby, Ovetchkin, Malkin, A few of the Staals, etc. heading out west much. How idiotic. And all for what? To save a few bucks on airfares? The owners have saved enough money with the salary cap already, and are charging ever increasing prices for tix. This sucks

So, what about the players in all of this?

Dont you think they had opinions much like Joe Thortons?

I know if I were playing in the NHL, I wouldnt want to travel anymore than necessary and would eliminate as much as possible.

As far as marketing the league with budding stars, you obviously want them to play in every city. As a fan, this sucks but you all need to open your eyes a little more. This aint just the owners.