Jambands.ca

Castanets-Toronto/Ottawa/Montreal...

Weirdness

Nope, that's for 'Castanets', another band on Asthmatic Kitty.

Just for clarification, Sufjan Stevens is NOT playing the dates mentioned in the first post above. Maybe change the title of the thread?

Edited by Guest

Nope' date=' that's for 'Castanets', another band on Asthmatic Kitty.[/quote']

Just for clarification, Sufjan Stevens is NOT playing the dates mentioned in the first post above. Maybe change the title of the thread?

It looks like you're right: those are (some of) the dates for "Shapes and Sizes" w/ The Castanets.

http://www.asthmatickitty.com/tours.php#9

Aloha,

Brad

If Sufjan Stevens was playing in Toronto on March 24, I would have been at the gig.

Since this was an honest mistake and my hopes were quickly crushed, I'll be attending the Autumn Defense gig at the Horseshoe on Saturday March 24.

The Autumn Defense are the duo of John Stirratt and Patrick Sansone. Stirratt being an original member of Wilco and Sansone who is now also a member of Wilco.

This is what the Autumn Defense myspace page says about the band:

Sounds Like: Bread, Cat Stevens, early Bee Gees, Colin Blunstone, Nick Drake, Simon and Garfunkel, Love, CSN&Y, Byrds, 70s Soft-Rock

I would agree with those influences. I saw the Autumn Defense back in 2004 at the Horseshoe and they even covered the Byrds at the gig.

Tim

my boys The Frontier Index are opening for the Autumn Defense TimmyB. I hope you'll arrive early to see them. Perhaps even write a bit for the site? I'd be curious to hear what virgin ears think of them.

Unless I'm delayed by work or school or extenuating circumstances, I'm usually early, so I will likely check out the Frontier Index.

Tim