Jambands.ca

Jerry Garcia's widow sues for access to unpublished tapes

Kanada Kev

The bitch is back:

http://www.mercurynews.com/mld/mercurynews/news/breaking_news/16640327.htm

Jerry Garcia's widow sues for access to unpublished tapes

Associated Press

SAN RAFAEL, Calif. - The widow of the Grateful Dead guitarist Jerry Garcia is suing to gain access to unpublished tapes of her late husband's musical performances.

Deborah Koons Garcia filed a civil suit Jan. 31 in Marin County Superior Court against a limited liability corporation, comprised of the rocker's beneficiaries including Koons Garcia, that oversees business involving his estate.

According to the lawsuit, Koons Garcia wants to professionally restore the so-called "Garcia Tapes," but others in the limited liability corporation have stalled the process. The suit asks a judge to clarify the terms of the agreement that led to the formation of the business entity.

Koons Garcia claims the corporation had been scheduled to dissolve by Dec. 31, 2005, but continues to exist.

The lawsuit is just the latest in a prolonged legal battle among Jerry Garcia's beneficiaries.

Some have filed their own lawsuit against Koons Garcia in an effort to maintain the corporation. The rocker's daughter, Keelin Noel Garcia, 19, also has sued Koons Garcia for allegedly shoddy financial oversight of the estate.

Attorney Lawrence Rockwell, who represents several of the defendants in the Jan. 31 lawsuit, could not be reached for comment.

A hearing is scheduled for April 13.

hows bouts make some money for yourself you can be proud of, deborah koons

quit stomping jerry's legacy of gallant integrity

well, guess I'm actually a million miles away from it all and therefore have no important input... but hate these embarrassing squabbles

would love to just read "Widow Koons joins surviving members of Grateful Dead to release unheard Garcia recordings... proceeds to [ insert thoroughly researched and ultimately perfect charity here ]"

or at the very least something decided without the necessity of lawyers (besides to hammer out the paperwork)

I've said it many times before and I will be saying it many times after.

She's a cunt.

agreed.

but she is doing something with her time other than squabbling over The Estate. She was part of producing a pretty good documentary called The Future of Food.

against that though, there's a BBC documentary that was done documenting the legal wrangling around Jerry's will, i think it was called "You Can't Take it With You." in that doc shee was interviewed and went on endlessly about how well The Estate was doing and how she was deeply committed to protecting The Estate, which struck me as pretty fucked considering that she IS The Estate!!!!

arrh.

See You Next Tuesday

With these 'veiled' phrases you can have fun by calling people a c*nt to their face without them knowing it......

In the following examples you have to allow for a certain amount of artistic license, i.e. 'You' becomes 'U', 'See' becomes 'C' etc.

See You Next Tuesday

See You Nearer Then

See You Next Time.

Crashes Under (Windows) NT.

Causes Unnecessary Network Traffic.

Cup 'uv Nice Tea (London accent required).

Certified Unix and Network Technician.

Can You Not Tell?

Comes Under Neil's Team

Can You Not Try?

Can You Network That?

Call Us, Not Them.

See You've a new/nice tie.

(The) Crappy User's Not Thinking.

Crystallizes Under Normal Temperature