Jambands.ca

St. Viateur Bagels

bouche

Fairmount Bagels are owned by the same people and serve the same bagels. However a Montreal local would be best to confirm or deny that, I heard it from a friend while very drunk.

False. St. Viateur is owned by Joe Bagel (that's how everyone calls him). THey have 2 shops on St. Viateur, the main one with all the trimmings and another one near the corner of St. Urbain that's more of a "factory" to produce for restos and whatnot.

Fairmount is owned by other people and their bagels taste different. We've had taste-offs. I'm partial to the st. v bagels myself, though both do handily in a pinch.

in a fit of procrastination, I decided to celebrate my little dining utopia of Mile End by sharing some of its secrets with you. Here you have it...

[iMAGE]http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y204/embassyinternational/mile_end.jpg[/iMAGE]

LEGEND:

A- St. Viateur Bagel #1 (the main branch)

B- Eurodeli. Borscht and the best pierogies ever.

C- Club Social. My daily coffee fix. As italian as it gets.

D- Cafe Olympico. "The" Mile End cafe. Go here to meet all the hip montrealers.

E- St. Viateur Bagel #2

F- Fairmount Bagel

G- My house!

[H- I forgot to include it, but on the north side of St. Viateur between Clark and St. Laurent is Jardin du Cari, where you get fantastic roti/curry from the islands for real cheap!]

Fairmount Bagels are owned by the same people and serve the same bagels. However a Montreal local would be best to confirm or deny that' date=' I heard it from a friend while very drunk.[/quote']

False. St. Viateur is owned by Joe Bagel (that's how everyone calls him). THey have 2 shops on St. Viateur, the main one with all the trimmings and another one near the corner of St. Urbain that's more of a "factory" to produce for restos and whatnot.

Fairmount is owned by other people and their bagels taste different. We've had taste-offs. I'm partial to the st. v bagels myself, though both do handily in a pinch.

Hmmmmmmm........ Blane, can you confirm?