Jambands.ca

Car stereo stolen!

bouche

i have the alpine with serius and a ipod interface, i love it, it has a touch scren that pops out and you can search your ipod on the screent he same way you can on the ipod, you can go by artist, play list, and a few other ways, i love it, but i've never used the sat radio, if you have your ipod hooped up, your not really going to be using the radio alot

what model? It sounds like you have the 1000 dollar version.

\/\/illy, are you saying that it depends on playlists? I'll have to get a demo. What model is it? Wanna sell yours? ;)

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wait-a-minute, do I still have to buy shit to plug the iPod and Satellite into this thing?

http://www.alpine-usa.com/US-en/products/product.php?model=CDA-9857

If so, I may just go back to a pioneer with a decent screen. They are much cheaper, have an audio in, and I can get the iPod thingy for around 100 bucks extra. Looks like the alpine is gonna cost twice that now.

yeah i had to buy and ipod interface, it was around 100. and it just plugs in,, also you need to sat radioo thing was around 100 too

i really love mine, but it is a bit expensive if your not really going to use it

i also really like that i keep my ipod charged, so like if i listen to music on the way to the gym, when i get there my ipod is also fully charged

Just get a shitty amp, chuck it under the seat and run the line in to the ipod... no head unit to get stolen. Regular radio sucks, and what's the point of CDs anyway? Rip 'em the day you buy them, and they never have to leave the shelf.

Breakin' the bank on car audio is asking for trouble. You can get a head unit that plays mp3s burned to DVD off ebay for $100, and if it gets stolen who cares. Sound quality be damned... unless you sit in the car with the engine off and use it as a listening room, the road noise is going to cancel out every dollar spent on high end units (and then some).

I guess I just don't see the point of having an ipod display in the dash when the ipod already has a display. Wouldn't it be better to spend the money on a really sturdy mount for the ipod? Then the most expensive piece of your car stereo goes in your pocket with you whenever you leave the car...

wait-a-minute, do I still have to buy shit to plug the iPod and Satellite into this thing?

http://www.alpine-usa.com/US-en/products/product.php?model=CDA-9857

If so, I may just go back to a pioneer with a decent screen. They are much cheaper, have an audio in, and I can get the iPod thingy for around 100 bucks extra. Looks like the alpine is gonna cost twice that now.

you only need the ipod fullspeed cable, whatever it's called with the 9857, you can get them for $30 on ebay

Just get a shitty amp, chuck it under the seat and run the line in to the ipod... no head unit to get stolen. Regular radio sucks, and what's the point of CDs anyway? Rip 'em the day you buy them, and they never have to leave the shelf.

Breakin' the bank on car audio is asking for trouble. You can get a head unit that plays mp3s burned to DVD off ebay for $100, and if it gets stolen who cares. Sound quality be damned... unless you sit in the car with the engine off and use it as a listening room, the road noise is going to cancel out every dollar spent on high end units (and then some).

I guess I just don't see the point of having an ipod display in the dash when the ipod already has a display. Wouldn't it be better to spend the money on a really sturdy mount for the ipod? Then the most expensive piece of your car stereo goes in your pocket with you whenever you leave the car...

I like this angle too. with a deck that I will have to remove the faceplate, the ipod and the sirius interface every time I come home, I may get sick of that. Not needing to remove a faceplate is a good idea. Is that expensive? I have decent speakers.

Car Stereo got stolen last night. I failed to lock the doors I guess.

If the thief had of knocked on my door and asked me to give him the stereo when I was ready for a new one, I would have.

So now I'm forced to get the new deck. I'm looking for a place in Hull or Ottawa that is an Alpine dealer. I'm finally going to get a deck that takes the iPod and Sirius. No More CD's all over the car!

any suggestions?

really feel bad for you

sure hope your insurance covers it

my heavens how can someone steal out of a car parked right in your own drive way

sad i say

good luck

don't feel bad about the stereo. I realized that a very nice Jerry Garcia 4-disc set is missing and that definately hurts. I never really gave a shit about the deck.

The Thief may have had good taste. It shouldn't cost me much to buy the disc set back from the local pawn shop. I'll haggle good.

on my system the ipod is in the glove box, that locks, and the serius thing is just a plain box plugged into the back of the deck. that no one would think to take,

thre both pretty safe i figure, plus the screen on my deck fold into the deck and ther eis nothing on the front really, so its hard to notice

Nah, I need it now. I'm gonna go for a pioneer I guess. If I could wait, I'd probably wait for a new line to come out with better interfaces. I'm taking your advice and going for the line in. I'll be able to get one at Future Shop installed for very little compared to the frikken Alpine rout.

Any Pioneer suggestions?

Nah, I need it now. I'm gonna go for a pioneer I guess. If I could wait, I'd probably wait for a new line to come out with better interfaces. I'm taking your advice and going for the line in. I'll be able to get one at Future Shop installed for very little compared to the frikken Alpine rout.

i'm doing the same thing in a couple weeks, let me know if you find any sweet deals. (deja vu?)

Just got my stereo stolen a few weeks back in Boston... it was a pioneer with ipod adapter box. All that was stolen, as well as my 60gb ipod.

I have since replaced it with a new Alpine CDE-9873 with fullspeed ipod connection, for $200 tops. I gotta say the interface is great, and those of you that are complaining probably haven't tried the new alpine units with quick search and full speed... it's amazing! The amp in the alpine sounds great too.