Jambands.ca

The Police Adding Zest To Early Bonnaroo Sales

TimmyB

[blurb]It looks like bonnaroo 2007 will sell out quicker than in the previous five years (2005 was the only year that bonnaroo did not sell out).

Tim

www.billboard.com

[/blurb]

The Police Adding Zest To Early Bonnaroo Sales

February 27, 2007, 11:30 AM ET

Ray Waddell, Nashville

Bonnaroo tickets are selling very strong out of the gate, up about 20% over last year's pace, according to Jonathan Mayers, president of Superfly Presents, co-producers of Bonnaroo with A.C. Entertainment. Tickets went on sale last Friday after a limited pre-sale with no acts announced went up late last year. The festival is set for June 14-17 on a 700-acre farm in Manchester, Tenn.

The 2007 Bonnnaroo lineup, with headliners the Police, Tool, and Widespread Panic among the 100 or so artists, has been well received, Mayers says. "We think the lineup is definitely as strong as it has ever been," Mayers tells Billboard.com. "Each year is different, depending upon one's particular tastes, but I think this year holds up well compared to previous years. We've gotten nothing but great feedback."

The Police, on a reunion tour produced by TNA International, have sold out 16 of 16 shows on sale for a total of 415,000 tickets so far, and seem to have added some real juice to the Bonnaroo bill. "The Police are definitely a special artist to have on the Bonnaroo lineup, no doubt about it," says Mayers. "It's going to be one of their more unique plays on this tour, and I think for a lot of the fans it's going to be one of the most economical ways to go see them, considering the [bonnaroo] ticket price and all the other bands on the bill."

For the Police, Bonnaroo was a nice fit as the only festival on the route. "[bonnaroo] fell at the right time as we were sketching together what we were going to do," says TNA president Arthur Fogel. "My initial thought was this could be exciting, and everybody was of the same mind. It's an established, cool festival, and it just makes sense."

Bonnaroo tickets are tiered at $125 (for the advance tickets with no acts announced), $184.50, $199.50 and $214.50. All tickets for the first three levels are sold out.

The price of Bonnaroo tickets did increase this year, but Mayers says, "We continue to invest in and improve upon the event, so we have to take that into account when looking at the ticket price. But we are very conscious of trying to be a 'deal' in the scope of ticket prices, and we will continue to be price-sensitive."

I have my ticket. The RV is reserved. Got my pssport.

Now we wait........

Little word to the wise. Don't by drugs at the Walmart in Mumfreesburo.

FYI, Canadians do not yet need to have a passport to cross into the United States of America, unless you are crossing via air travel.

I believe the passport requirement for Canadians via driving across borders is January 1, 2008.

Tim

Now we wait........

FYI' date=' Canadians do not yet need to have a passport to cross into the United States of America, unless you are crossing via air travel.

I believe the passport requirement for Canadians via driving across borders is January 1, 2008.

Tim

[/quote']

It may not be a requirement, but it sure makes things a hell of a lot easier.

Now we wait........

FYI' date=' Canadians do not yet need to have a passport to cross into the United States of America, unless you are crossing via air travel.

Tim

[/quote']

It may not be a requirement, but it sure makes things a hell of a lot easier.

They definitely make things easier. And while you don't need a passport to cross on the ground (yet), you do need more than a driver's license. You have to have something that proves your citizenship, aside from just your residency in Canada (a birth certificate works).