Jambands.ca

Hockey Night in Canada TO STAY ON THE CBC!!!

Kanada Kev

Great news, IMHO:

A joint CBC/NHL press conference is planned for noon today to outline the highlights of the new 6-year broadcast agreement for English-language broadcast and multimedia rights to NHL games in Canada.

This is an exciting day for the CBC, the NHL and all hockey fans across Canada!

CBC’s Hockey Night In Canada is the home of hockey for Canadians.

Edited by Guest

I totally agree with you. That should be one of the stipulations ... next year NO NEALE OR COLE!!! They were driving me nuts on Saturday night.

Here's the note from the dick VP:

March 26, 2007

The Tradition Continues

It is with great pride and pleasure that I can tell you that at this moment, we are announcing a new six-year broadcast agreement for national English-language broadcast and multi-media rights to NHL games in Canada, beginning with the 2008/09 season.

This is tremendous news for the CBC, for hockey fans, for Canadians, for our sponsors and the NHL. Hockey is part of the Canadian fabric, and today’s announcement marks what is the oldest sports rights partnership in the world--one that dates back to the very beginning of the CBC.

And as our broadcasts have evolved throughout the years to meet the needs of audiences--our new agreement will continue that tradition. For the first time, the agreement allows the CBC to offer Canadians more hockey, via more platforms, than ever before. From its early years on Radio, the broadcasts of the future will take the game to fans where they are, when they want it and how they want it, through on-demand video streaming of all CBC broadcasts at CBC.ca, game coverage and content on mobile phones and via Video-on-Demand.

I want to take this opportunity to say congratulations and thank you to our Sports Department. Your consistent dedication to excellence in hockey broadcasting played no small part in helping us secure the NHL as a valued partner for the next six years.

This is a great day for the CBC, for hockey fans and the game of hockey.

Richard Stursberg

Executive Vice-President

CBC Television

Time to say fuck tradition if they arent going to offer a greater scope and/or start showing more highlights and updates, let alone finally getting rid of that dinosaur Don Cherry. The game has passed him by. He is nothing but a poor educator and terrible role model for the kids.

Coaches Corner was funny on Sat. It's been awhile since I laughed during that segment.

While it would be nice to have the other games updated more often at least we don't have to put up with TSN or SPORTSNET's stupid, irrelevant poll of the night. Fuck those bug me.

And another thing that I can stand is the new Molson Canadian ad's. "Do Canadian really know anything about beer?" It wasn't funny the first time so it isn't getting any funnier the next 87 times. Fuck

I guess we'd still get Neale on Leafs TV. I was watching that Leafs/Capitals game a couple of Fridays ago. At least twice he referred to somebody on the Capitals as "the Ottawa player" (I kid you not!)

And Cole... doesn't he realize the goaltender on any team playing the Leafs has a name? He's always referring to him as "the goalie".

Neale is the WORST. In Saturday's game it was blatantly obvious that one of the goals was scored after Antropov redirected it with the shaft of his stick. You could see it from every angle. Neale continued to say it was everything but that. Anyone could see ... i don't know wtf Neale was doing/watching but he's so often not IN the game that he's attending. Why waste the money on his airfare and hotels, etc. He's a blumbering fool who had a brutal record as a coach in the NHL. Stick to drinking Harry ... please.

Time to say fuck tradition if they arent going to offer a greater scope and/or start showing more highlights and updates, let alone finally getting rid of that dinosaur Don Cherry. The game has passed him by. He is nothing but a poor educator and terrible role model for the kids.

Had CBC lost the contract, Don Cherry would have been picked up by another network. I'd bet your life on it.

and sometimes he thinks I play for the Leafs.

Hahaha. That's because you are shitty. He probably gets confused and still thinks it is the 1970's when he is talking to you. Good ole dementia!

Getting back to the topic at hand, I would rather not see HNIC leave but I would like to see them spruce it up somehow. If Don attracts viewers, that is fine. I typically dont pay attention during the intermissions anymore so that old fart can stay for all I care. All I know is that I wouldnt want me kid to listen to him.