JUN-25 NEW YORK, NY HAMMERSTEIN BALLROOM

JUN-28 BOSTON, MA BANK OF AMERICA PAVILION

JUN-29 SHELBURNE, VT THE GREEN AT SHELBURNE MUSEUM

JUN-30 TORONTO, ONT MASSEY HALL

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dang. No Ottawa or Montreal show (or no show yet, I hope). (I wonder: why not come from Vermont to Toronto via Montreal and then Ottawa? If you have to go through the expense and hassle of arranging a border crossing, wouldn't it make more sense to have more than one show? It's also a shorter trip, though it would add a couple of days to the tour.)

Aloha,

Brad

You can dance all you want, but you had better keep your ass in your seat.

SIT DOWN!!!!

The only gripe I had about the final Rheos show......

Sean

Were you mad because people were or were not dancing? I confuse easily...

BTW I was making a reference to Jeff Tweedy basically calling the Toronto audience out for not dancing at the last show (he called us motherfuckers, for which he apologised later). It really had me laughing my ass off...

Personally I am not a big dancer...I will stand and tap my foot with the best of them though!

Edited by Guest

I had to go up in the balcony and trade my tickets with a couple so that me and my buddy could move around even a little.

When its a rock show, I like to rock.

If its jazz, I can stand and tap my feet.

If I want to sit still, I would just stay home.

I hate sit down shows, and Massey Hall seems to love them...........

S

When I'm at Massey Hall I'm pretty happy to sit down and watch the show. Not every show has to be a dance party and if that's what Tweedy wants, he should be telling their booking agents to bring them back to the Mod Club or The Guvernment or somewhere like that.

Actually I prefer a sit down show these days.

I should note that I am 6ft, and am usually 'green'- so I am very conscious of not impacting someone elses enjoyment of the show.

I am the first one to seek out a spot right at the back where I can be a minimal intrusion into anyone's event.

Infact I would always take one of the worst vantage points in the venue, if I can boogie a little and not upset anyone.

At Massey we spotted the back row in the first balcony (Martin side) where a couple of people were dancing around, kicked it up there, traded tickets (really good ones too) and spent our show out of our seats. Both me and my buddy were more than happy to make that concession as he is 6ft too, and was also not interested in sitting down.

Edited by Guest

There is a flip side where there can be too much dancing.

In 2002 I went to see String Cheese at the Centre for the Performing Arts in Vancouver, which is kind of like Massey Hall. We got there early and picked out seats in the front row. As soon as the music started two thirds of the audience pilled into the space between our seats and the stage and started dancing. The stench of road wookies was unbearable and people were just flinging themselves around into us in a drug induced stouper, stepping on feet, grinding into our crotches as we were pinned against our seats. And it's not as though we weren't up and trying to groove, we were just bobbing at our seats with no real desire to jump into that BO drenched moshpit. We ended up moving 3/4 of the way back just to get away from the smell and incosiderate hippies. It really took me out of the show as well. That is all.

Like that one time when I was 18, about 140 lbs and this angry biker dude almost pummeled me at ABB at the Ampitheater for dancing.

Said he didn't pay $40 to watch my back (he was three empty rows behind us, not right behind)- and that he would get his moneys worth beating me senseless. Actual quote.

Since then I have learned to want to stand and dance, but I always let discretion play a big role.

Sean

I have no problem with people standing or dancing as long as they find themselves a spot that doesn't impede the sight of one or more of the other 2198 people enjoying the show from their seats. It's actually just common f'ing sense. If EVERYONE else is sitting down, sit down and shut up OR go find a spot in the back where you can express yourself freely without anyone having to watch.