Jambands.ca

Wilco @ Massey Hall June 30th

MarcO

now that i have to agree with MarcO but i don't see that being a problem at Wilco.

and Sean, my buddies actually got jumped by bikers at an Allman Bros show and security had to come rescue them. Security then found a 3rd or 4th row bank of empty seats for my friends to watch the rest of the show from.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At the wilco show in montreal. There was a lot of people sitting down. Jeff Tweedy than says, I didnt realize we had some many fans in wheelchairs. By the end of the show everyone was standing and dancing. Tweedy, then said wow our band can heal.

BTW I was making a reference to Jeff Tweedy basically calling the Toronto audience out for not dancing at the last show (he called us motherfuckers, for which he apologised later). It really had me laughing my ass off...

the audience was probably just confused. he told us all to stay seated the first time at massey.

At the wilco show in montreal. There was a lot of people sitting down. Jeff Tweedy than says, I didnt realize we had some many fans in wheelchairs. By the end of the show everyone was standing and dancing. Tweedy, then said wow our band can heal.

bluesfest, ottawa. wilco hasn't played a sitdown in montreal in years. but yeah. healers, they.

I am so happy to see that Wilco has become a draw on this site.

Unfortunately I will in all likelihood miss my first Wilco gig in Toronto since 1997, as that night I will be seeing Lou Reed perform his album 'Berlin' at the Hammersmith Apollo in London.

Luckily I will see Wilco at bonnaroo this year so at least my yearly streak of seeing Tweedy will remain intact since 2001.

Tim

I have no problem with people standing or dancing as long as they find themselves a spot that doesn't impede the sight of one or more of the other 2198 people enjoying the show from their seats. It's actually just common f'ing sense. If EVERYONE else is sitting down, sit down and shut up OR go find a spot in the back where you can express yourself freely without anyone having to watch.

I couldn't dissagree with you more in regards to a ROCK show.

its not called Rock and sit is it?