Jambands.ca

BAN LUKE: Poll

Jared

I wouldn't ban Luke. I understand why people would want to, but really I guess I would just feel it was mean.

A part of me feels like Luke needs to have every single door slammed in his face before he will stop and look inside, empty that cupboard and really look at what he puts back in.But thats a painful process-no matter how nessecary it may be, and I would be uncomfortable being part of it in any remote sense.

Mostly it just doesn't effect me too much-but that could change if I became one of his targets,and granted Ive not been around these parts too long.

I don't agree with what he says, but will strongly defend his right to say it (or something like that).

I get frustrated with his posts as well, but am also capable of not reading them. I also think the problem wouldn't be as big if he didn't illicit such strong responses from people (case in point: this thread). I have no problems with letting Lungzo (Luke/Kung/Zero) do his thing, and can decide for myself when I'll allow myself to get sucked in.

Peace,

Hart

I wouldn't want to ban anyone. This site ain't school or jail, and I'd like to think anyone is free to come or go, unless they were to present themselves as an actual and present danger, not not in the "WMD" sort of way, either.

The words up here may grate some, but they're just words; they can always be the context for play (trivial or earnest). No one's obliged to open a link; there's no final exam, except maybe for Trivia 101. If someone were getting fucked around in real life, that would become a different story, but it would be one that would no doubt be playing out in contexts besides this one as well.

Call me a sucker, but I like to think of this place as somewhere that's an alternative to meanness. Shall we take as a foil, say, the folks over at freedominion.ca ?

this is a pretty brutal post. I support locking this thread. If you don't want to read his posts...don't. You have control over that.

This place isn't about banning. IF you're being harassed, that's one thing, but come on. If you want to talk about music, please DO THAT. There are tons of posts about sports and I steer clear of them. I have no interest. However, people that love to talk about sports do so together.

I'll join in on your posts and so will others if you have something interesting to put out there.

What have you done for us lately Jared?