Jambands.ca

NRPS show in Toronto Sat. night

Freak By Night

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Silver Dollar has a juke-joint/jazz club kind of set-up, meaning that the stage sits in the middle of the room, with the bar ten feet away. There's tables on both sides of the stage, both on the floor and elevated. It's a tight fit front and centre, but the place has lots of room along the sides. Get there early and sit at the bar. The pitchers are cheap and the wings are good. The place has lots of character.

Get there early and sit at the bar. The pitchers are cheap and the wings are good.

How early for a 9pm show time? What's the capacity?

Go early and settle in - say around 8pm. It's a blues bar with a good vibe, so have some drinks and get ready for the show.

Very psyched for this. Are there still tickets left? And, if so, where can you get them other than the venue?

Thanks in advance...

from a private topic I had with the skancknownas...

the silver dollar room

Hi

Is there anywhere other than "ticketpro" I can purchase tickets for New Riders of the Purple Sage?

Can I pick some up at The Silver Dollar tonight if I stop by the bar after 10pm?

Any info is appreciated.

Thanks

Scott

Hi Scott: www.ticketpro.ca is the only place to purchase advance tickets for the New Riders of The Purple Sage show at Toronto`s Silver Dollar Room on Apr.21st. Tickets will be available at the door night of show but advance ticket holders are let in first when the doors open at 7:30pm. We don`t sell advance tickets at the club. If you need more info call 416-975-0909 or email info@silverdollarroom.com

Ticketpro can also be reached by phone at 416-645-9090 or 1-866-908-9090 GK

can you get me one too ??

drop by and i'll give you some cash for one

that's exactly how I drew it for ollie. not much boogie room.

Almost no boogie room. Expect to be standing to watch or sitting for the show.

That is how it has been for me at every show there.

You certainly can dance in front of the stage. Lesbians have been doing just that for years at every single Crazy Strings Wednesday show.

Does the venue allow taping? Anyone know if someone's going to be taping? I have a MiniDisc player but no mic. Would a board patch be completely out of the question at a venue like this? I think NRPS would probably be cool with it as I have a number of soundboard recordings of theirs.

Maybe, maybe not. If the band is travelling with their own sound person, he might be OK with it. The big thing you'll likely need is a patch cable with 2 RCA plugs on one end, and a 1/8" stereo plug on the other. The RCA plugs go into the soundboard, and the 1/8" stereo plug into the MD. Having two RCA-plug-to-1/4"-mono-plug adaptors might also be a good idea, in case the board has 1/4" jacks instead of RCA jacks.

Aloha,

Brad

You might also want to have a 1/8" stereo "extension cord" (jack on one end, plug on the other) in case you can't place the recorder close to the board. It'd be worth doing a "dry run" of the setup first at home, too: just patch your MD recorder into, say, your home stereo CD player to see about recordings levels and sound quality.

Aloha,

Brad

Edited by Guest